How much do you spend on shopping per week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What fruit? I only buy bananas and apples. Eat one banana for breakfast and one before going on a run every day, have an apple as a snack. Comes to about €4 a week, if that I think.

Our lass buys raspberries and grapes though, can't get over how expensive they are for what you get.

Be easier naming what fruit we don't buy tbh. And yes, we get grapes, blueberries and strawberries pretty much every week.

Today I've already pouched two apples, two oranges, a banana, a kiwi fruit and a load of grapes.

I believe you.

I don't care either way like. If I have a beef joint, I might have some left over and have beef sandwiches, or pork, or whatever. Mix it up a bit. Just an example of how much meat there is on a large chicken. If you eat one in a single sitting yourself then that's fine, everyone likes to eat a different amount.

How much do you and your lass spend on food per week like? Eating a whole chicken yourself in one sitting is canny OTT in most people's world like.

Aye, I'm getting that impression like :lol: Tend to just have that with a load crusty white buttered bread (not that I buy a whole chicken that often).

£100 pw, between you? I thought you spent loads the way you were going on. :lol:

Aye, I'm getting that impression like :lol: Tend to just have that with a load crusty white buttered bread (not that I buy a whole chicken that often).

Doesn't sounds like a balance diet that like. You're talking roughly the recommended daily calorie intake for an average sized man in chicken alone, then there's bread and butter - this is just one meal right?

Last edited:
£100 pw, between you? I thought you spent loads the way you were going on. :lol:

Nah man :lol: was just shocked at a ton for five and other couples getting by fine on leas than half.

Doesn't sounds like a balance diet that like. You're talking roughly the recommended daily calorie intake for an average sized man in chicken alone, then there's bread and butter - this is just one meal right?

Aye, a one off meal. During the day I basically eat fruit and salad. Throw in exercise and the ol BMI comes in at 21.5. I never calories count mind.

Last edited:
Nah man :lol: was just shocked at a ton for five and other couples getting by fine on leas than half.

Aye, well you've never had kids. If you're making a meal anyway, they don't really cost much more to feed meal-wise. I think we used to spend roughly £70pw before we had kids. Most of the extra will be on fruit/snacks etc.

Aye, well you've never had kids. If you're making a meal anyway, they don't really cost much more to feed meal-wise. I think we used to spend roughly £70pw before we had kids. Most of the extra will be on fruit/snacks etc.

And people say kids cost loads :rolleyes:

Aye, a one off meal. During the day I basically eat fruit and salad. Throw in exercise and the ol BMI comes in at 21.5. I never calories count mind.

Ah right, fair enough. I'd probably rather have less chicken/bread and have some veg/rice/chips and stuff with the meal.

And people say kids cost loads :rolleyes:

To feed, when they're under 4 and no longer on bottles? Nah, they eat fuck all really. They snack constantly and waste most of what you do actually give them. The two year old probably eats the most of them. No doubt when they're a bit older they'll eat me out of house and home though. Clothes and stuff and keeping them entertained costs the most I'd say.

Actually - and I'm not moaning (much) but if like me you are a pensioner abroad the sudden fall of 17% in our income due to the fall of the pound immediately after Brexit did have and is having a quantifiable effect. It must feed through to prices back home sooner or later I guess.

And is the OP (and any others apart from you) pensioners living abroad? unlikely, so it's a moot point.
Also if it's Eurozone you're living in, the £ is about the same or a bit higher than it was against the € in 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back