How much do you spend on shopping per week?

Status
Not open for further replies.

My word!!!!
Who says it a problem. It's called curiosity / discussion
If you think every thread is about 'a problem' (after all, if it's not a problem why mention it) you must be a right mood hoover
I do not believe you, if it wasn't becoming an issue you would not have thought about it. More to come this tear.

How? Honestly I grow most of my own fruit and veg and still get through about 70 Euro..mind there is a bottle of wine every night.
But what would your meals be exactly? Be really interested to know.

It's not like I put a cap on what I spend, I just buy what I need from Aldi and Lidl and don't waste much. I don't really get on with red meat or dairy and stopped drinking alcohol in the house so that might keep the bill down.

Typical stuff I'd buy:

Fresh and frozen fish and chicken, tinned tuna, mackerel
Couple of packs of bacon, bag of decent sausages (cos the cheap ones are garbage)
Eggs
Fresh and frozen veg (in reserve or if I'm in a hurry)
Potatoes, sweet potatoes, egg noodles, wholemeal rice, wholemeal pasta, decent bag of chips (again, cos the cheap ones are awful)
Sandwich wraps and a loaf of bread (which I split into three and freeze)
Tinned stuff like beans, mushy peas and the odd tin of soup
Jars of pasta/curry sauces
Bananas, apples, almonds
wholemeal porridge, corn flakes and weetabix
soy milk
Jar of coffee
Mayo and tomato sauce
Odd multipack of cheap crisps and pack of cheap digestives

loads of family meals you can make for a couple fo quid a time.

cut out meat a couple times a week for starters and save a tenner
Try the local food bank if you are so hard up. I personally do not eat sheeps brains, pigs trotters, ox tail or tripe, bruised fruit or broken biscuits.

Try the local food bank if you are so hard up. I personally do not eat sheeps brains, pigs trotters, ox tail or tripe, bruised fruit or broken biscuits.

neither do I I don't need to.

much of offal for sale is more expensive than the more choice cuts these days. Have you seen the price of a pack of oxtail. get 2 whole chickens for that

neither do I I don't need to.

much of offal for sale is more expensive than the more choice cuts these days. Have you seen the price of a pack of oxtail. get 2 whole chickens for that
I have, it's not a problem because I don't eat it. Sick and tired of chicken, cheap ones are full,of water.

neither do I if I can help it.. rather pay a bit more and use the whole carcass and get 2 or 3 meals out of one chicken.
Our lass likes to keep what's left but I refuse to keep dead chickens in the house and don't eat the same thing twice in one week.

Our lass likes to keep what's left but I refuse to keep dead chickens in the house and don't eat the same thing twice in one week.

just because it has a base ingredient doesn't mean it has to be the same meal.

carcass of a roast chicken becomes the base for a thai chicken broth for example. add lemongrass, chili, garlic, ginger etc,,, some noodles and voila.

neither do I if I can help it.. rather pay a bit more and use the whole carcass and get 2 or 3 meals out of one chicken.

I get one meal for two out of a whole chicken, then 5 days worth of sandwiches for work with what's left from it too. Canny value for about £4. It probably had a shite life though. Always keep/use the stock too, makes a nice base.

I still manage to spend about £100pw on shopping, fuck knows how really, it mainly goes on the kids I reckon.

I get one meal for two out of a whole chicken, then 5 days worth of sandwiches for work with what's left from it too. Canny value for about £4. It probably had a shite life though. Always keep/use the stock too, makes a nice base.

I still manage to spend about £100pw on shopping, fuck knows how really, it mainly goes on the kids I reckon.

5 of you... only equates to £20 each a week so under £3 a person a day.. not bad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back