How much do you spend on shopping per week?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was on the Dole did a big shop 80 quid once a month, and about £10 a week on milk bread and fruit and salad things. I seriously don't get how people afford to smoke, drink, have iPhones and sky cos I was on the bones of life

We just didn't earn much between us at the time so had to be sensible to keep the independence we had (had no fancy for moving back in with me Nan as much as I love her).

Agreed with the dole comment though, baffles me!

£75pw food for family of 4, plus another £25 on wine/beer. Probably eat out/take away once a week too.

We don't do a big shop anymore at Sainsburys, just buy the food we need for each meal from the Co-op, freeze left overs, plus we get an organic veg bag. Saved us a fortune.

If ut wasn't a problem it would not be mentioned.

My word!!!!
Who says it a problem. It's called curiosity / discussion
If you think every thread is about 'a problem' (after all, if it's not a problem why mention it) you must be a right mood hoover

A lot less now my son has moved out !! He's complaining how much things cost when he buys food & is sick of shopping already. He's only been gone 3 weeks :lol:

About £120-130 a week for 4 adults . That includes toiletries , laundry and cleaning stuff . Shop between Aldi , Lidl , Asda & B&M as when we did the lot in Sainsbury's we were spending £160 + and that was a couple of years ago!

For me, fruit costs a fortune and the kids can't get enough of it.

bananas are peanuts and apples can be had for 80p a bag at present.

Soft fruits can rack up your bill. strawberries, blueberries etc.

Lidl often have watermelons in season for about £2 and they can go a canny way.

just follow your seasonal fruits in the most part.

Food shopping or other shite like Wilkinsons and that?

About £80 p/w on bait, for me, the wife and daughter.

bananas are peanuts and apples can be had for 80p a bag at present.

Soft fruits can rack up your bill. strawberries, blueberries etc.

Lidl often have watermelons in season for about £2 and they can go a canny way.

just follow your seasonal fruits in the most part.

Aye, I go through about 25 bananas a week, costs about £3.00-£3.50 - so that's canny. Apples, aye about a quid. I do follow the seasons, they're currently craving Strawberries but they can fuck off. It still adds up though.

Aye, I go through about 25 bananas a week, costs about £3.00-£3.50 - so that's canny. Apples, aye about a quid. I do follow the seasons, they're currently craving Strawberries but they can fuck off. It still adds up though.
strawberries are shite this time of year anyway, bought some at the weekend and they're completely tasteless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back