How much do you spend on a winter coat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve a Moncler I got in the Aphrodite Sale last year, it’s not as warm as the Canada Goose one I tried on but that was ridiculously warm. Wasn’t cheap, about £400 (and that was half price I think) but I love it. It’s rarely so cold in the UK that I feel the need to have anything warmer. I’ve a Barbour as well that I love and that is the one I’d wear if I needed to wrap up and put a few layers underneath.

Anyone paying for a Canada Goose or similar because they find the weather in England too cold is just a bit soft. Sunderland isn't Antarctica.
You come across a little bitter and jealous coming out with shite like that .If you can't /won't fork out daft money on a coat then I can't blame you ,but don't come out with shite like it's not cold enough etc .

You come across a little bitter and jealous coming out with shite like that .If you can't /won't fork out daft money on a coat then I can't blame you ,but don't come out with shite like it's not cold enough etc .

-3 this morning not too many miles outside of Edinburgh and my Goose MacCulloch got its first outing of the year whilst I defrosted the car. Was cosy as owt, insanely warm coat. It’ll last for years anarl, unlike some of the peasant coats.

Never even heard of Canada Goose until this thread. In fact if I was asked last week what Canada goose was, it would have been a guess but I'd have been very confident it was a whisky.

It isn't, though. Those coats are made for the most extreme conditions. They're bought for status more than anything else in England. A coat a fraction of the cost will keep you warm in Britain 99 times out of 100.

It isn't, though. Those coats are made for the most extreme conditions. They're bought for status more than anything else in England. A coat a fraction of the cost will keep you warm in Britain 99 times out of 100.
:lol:

I’ll tell that to the building inspector on the next job “Mark ,we don’t need that insulation in the cavity and roof as it’s not cold enough in this country “

Of course it’s cold enough sometimes for a Goose coat .Ive got one on now on the way out the door.I agree though it’s a fashion statement for most if not all people .

Bought a Canada Goose arctic program for hill walking on skye. I forget what its like to be cold so i thought id get a good jacket. Far too hot you have to take it off then your freezing. A good jacket if you happen to come across someone suffering from hypothermia
Or if your a chav. They spoil loads of good makes of clothing.

Correct .Stone Island being the most famous one .
I loved g star jeans just the patch on knees and buckle on rear but when the masses of Marley potters start wearing them that was it.
Luke being the most recent example of a terrace wear brand that was really nice and at a good price point to keep the daft lads away but then slowly moved into the realms of seeing it on such programmes as neighbourhood blues.
Tbf stone island is still a topper make just copied to death.

I f***ing love a good coat me....will get me divorced soon I reckon

Picked up a Stone Island ghost tank shield which is a beast, wind proof, waterproof and fully taped seams and has a removable goose down liner that will probably see me through the coldest days....was about £1100 but think I got it 30% off.

Also got a couple of Nigel Cabourn WW2 zip
Parkas that were £680 but maybe 70% off in their sale. Only a really thick woven cotton but perfect for layering as someone mentioned. Was in NY over Xmas and New Year when they had that mental cold snap and one of them with a base layer, T-shirt and overshirt underneath kept me surprisingly warm in -18 temps.

More recently got a Plurimus San Marco which will get a wear now it’s a bit colder but not sure how it will stand up to the coldest days. Seems to be a quality jacket though so high hopes.

Could go on and on....yawn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back