How much do you spend on a winter coat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don’t you caress your £17k concrete imprint driveway on the way to your car? While wearing £650 Salvatore Ianucci driving loafers?
Of course I do. Sometimes I get the servants to carry me to the car. If it’s extra nippy I repeatedly slap their faces to keep my hands warm. Let’s just say they are not looking forward to another beast from the east. #slapfeast.

Christ I wish. Would stop in all day.
I’d deffo head south for the winter. All winter.

Anyone paying for a Canada Goose or similar because they find the weather in England too cold is just a bit soft. Sunderland isn't Antarctica.
Canada goose are awful.
Proper animal cruelty.
Can buy loads of nice coats without buying ones where the company have poor animal rights attitude

Canada goose are awful.
Proper animal cruelty.
Can buy loads of nice coats without buying ones where the company have poor animal rights attitude

They actually started off with good intentions, all the fur was legally culled raccoon fur from Canada. Obviously it’s still fur but as far as fur manufacturing goes, it was nowhere near as bad as others.
When they become huge and stores were placing absolutely huge orders they had no choice but to use animal farms in china, this is what the animals rights are up in arms about ( and rightly so ). Victims of their own success really.

They actually started off with good intentions, all the fur was legally culled raccoon fur from Canada. Obviously it’s still fur but as far as fur manufacturing goes, it was nowhere near as bad as others.
When they become huge and stores were placing absolutely huge orders they had no choice but to use animal farms in china, this is what the animals rights are up in arms about ( and rightly so ). Victims of their own success really.
Cheers for the background on that.
Heard a bit about it - I know a couple of lads who sold there’s as don’t like wearing them anymore.
They’ve become huge like - massive turnover, but I wouldn’t entertain wearing Canada goose now.

£995 to wear something which everyone now knows is made by a company who don’t care about cruelty to animals.

Heard a bit about it - I know a couple of lads who sold there’s as don’t like wearing them anymore.
They’ve become huge like - massive turnover, but I wouldn’t entertain wearing Canada goose now.

£995 to wear something which everyone now knows is made by a company who don’t care about cruelty to animals.

If people cared about cruelty to animals they'd pack in eating meat. Not many people are really that bothered.

I would never pay anything like that for any item of clothing but I also wouldn't not buy an item of clothing due to worry about what others thought of it.

The company can't be described as the victims. They have gone down the exploitation route for £££.

Not having a pop in view of your quite rightly so comment.

Aye probably bad phrasing !!
In reality they had the choice of remaining a small, high quality outerwear brand with morales or a global multi billion pound company who’d happily work with Chinese slaughter farms.
Harrods ( only one store ) we’re selling 500 units per week in the run to xmas last year. Impossible for CG to remain ethical and fulfill those type of orders.

If people cared about cruelty to animals they'd pack in eating meat. Not many people are really that bothered.
So why did fur coats become a symbol for disgusting thoughtlessness then, with people villified for wearing them? Thankfully furs are more or less a thing of the past now. folk find them abhorrent.

Canada goose should and probably will go the same way.

I would never pay anything like that for any item of clothing but I also wouldn't not buy an item of clothing due to worry about what others thought of it.
You don’t wear things because of what other people think, it’s cos of your own moral compass.
Thankfully most people don’t wear fur coats due to their own moral beliefs.
Canada goose should go the same way with a bit of education inti their unethical behaviour.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back