How many European countries allow smacking of children?

Which by attacking him in the way he has been attacked proves his point on hitting children ironically.
I think @monkeytassle had it right, he explained that he had tried all other forms of discipline but it failed and in fear of his daughters safety resorted to physical punishment and got no pleasure in doing so. But to just say it’s acceptable because it happened to you is totally wrong mind or it’s easier or quicker sends the wrong message out to potential parents. Parents are getting younger and need teaching properly about this kind of thing.
No problem.

Which by attacking him in the way he has been attacked proves his point on hitting children ironically.
I think @monkeytassle had it right, he explained that he had tried all other forms of discipline but it failed and in fear of his daughters safety resorted to physical punishment and got no pleasure in doing so. But to just say it’s acceptable because it happened to you is totally wrong mind or it’s easier or quicker sends the wrong message out to potential parents. Parents are getting younger and need teaching properly about this kind of thing.

The majority of the posters on this thread think the same way as MT so I’m not sure what the argument has been about :lol:

The majority of the posters on this thread think the same way as MT so I’m not sure what the argument has been about :lol:
I have no argument mate. I was just asking the lad the reasons he thinks hitting kids is fine. It’s resolved now.
no need to smack me on the arse.
I think MT is the only one with a valid opinion and even tho other posters agree with him they’re wrong.
What a strange person.

There is harm done. You grew up to think that hitting minors is flippantly acceptable! I was hit as well, and it was wrong that my parents did that. I love my parents and i have a great relationship with them, but they know they shouldn't have done that. We know better now, we care more about individual rights even where it makes things harder. I didn't learn anything morally useful from being hit, because there is no lesson in there.

There is and it’s incredibly obtuse to suggest there isn’t. The lesson is : Don’t be a little shit or you’ll get a smack.

Franky, it’s a good life lesson.

People cry on about the nanny state and how weak parents are these days then as soon as some speak out saying they smack their kids they’re grilled as monsters.

That's not what people mean by weak parents. A weak parent will give their child what they ask for, every time they ask for it and also let them do whatever they want. This type of parent may also smack their child.

Tbf I don't think anyone has advocated using it as an the first line of discipline - thats completely wrong.

I still think a lot of people on this thread cant differentiate between a warning tap on the fingers and a full on shit kicking mind - f***ing barmy

I'd hazard that most parents smack their kids do it when they are already in a bad mood, tired or becoming irritated by said child. In this sense it's not really about parenting at all. It's a reaction brought about by being irritated.

For those who smack I'd be interested to know in which situations do you smack your child. Is it to alert them away from dangerous situations? If it's not something instant then there are far far better ways to impose consequences than smacking.

Tbf I don't think anyone has advocated using it as an the first line of discipline - thats completely wrong.

I still think a lot of people on this thread cant differentiate between a warning tap on the fingers and a full on shit kicking mind - f***ing barmy

Whats the point in a warning tap if it isn't going to permanently remind them not to do it again? Surely if you're using it to train future behaviour it has to be sufficiently unpleasant.

I'd hazard that most parents smack their kids do it when they are already in a bad mood, tired or becoming irritated by said child. In this sense it's not really about parenting at all. It's a reaction brought about by being irritated.

For those who smack I'd be interested to know in which situations do you smack your child. Is it to alert them away from dangerous situations? If it's not something instant then there are far far better ways to impose consequences than smacking.

Smack mine when they take my crisps

Whats the point in a warning tap if it isn't going to permanently remind them not to do it again? Surely if your using it to train future behaviour it has to be sufficiently unpleasant.

What do you think a warning tap is like a tickle - just enough to let them know its wrong, its more the shock factor than hurting them and should only be used as a final warning after other ways of reasoning have failed. Think the only time the daughter had her fingers tapped she was pissing about with an electric socket, told her several times to pack it in, ignored so tap on the fingers and she never did it again. Usually a change in the tone of voice a certain look sorts the job

That’s not a regular thing at all and vile scumbags that are capable of it won’t stop just cause the law tells them not to. The OP has been all over the thread calling people shit parents, calling posters parents shit parents. He’s acted like a complete wanker and that’s what most people have taken exception to. He literally told a poster in the thread earlier on they’d had an awful upbringing cause on a couple of occasions as kids they’d been smacked.
If he wasn't quite so big, it would be time for Mr and Mrs Spank to pay a short sharp trip to Bottieland.

Back