How cold is your house at night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive got thermals and layers galore on, heating is on and everyone is warm as toast and i'm frozen down to the bone.:(

Do you have UPVC or wooden sash? Love sash windows me.

We have wooden sash windows in an eco friendly 7 year old home. It's a timber frame house with a couple of thermal solar panels.

The home keeps the heat in well but it's a town house that takes some heating. I think I've finally convinced my wife that leaving the incorporated garage door wide open in all weathers isn't a good idea. It's only taken about 5 years...

We have wooden sash windows in an eco friendly 7 year old home. It's a timber frame house with a couple of thermal solar panels.

The home keeps the heat in well but it's a town house that takes some heating. I think I've finally convinced my wife that leaving incorporated garage door wide open in all weathers isn't a good idea. It's only taken about 5 years...
Just wondering if UPVC is more heat efficient than wood.Think wooden sash is beautiful, but takes a lot of looking after.

I believe Marley produce double glazed sash.

I have a thermometer in my room - which people seem to find hilarious - and in winter my bedroom gets down to about 12-14 degrees, in summer it gets up to about 35.

The rest of the house is the same temperature all the bastard time, but my room? Nah mate let's do whatever the rest of the house isn't.

Just wondering if UPVC is more heat efficient than wood.Think wooden sash is beautiful, but takes a lot of looking after.

I'm no expert but I would imagine the glass has more to do with the heat retention than the frame. All the windows are double glazed.

I did have to fill a couple of decent sized holes in one of the downstairs window frames. I used a quality 2 pac filler and it's done the job well but I do worry about the higher widows which I can't see.

[QUOTE="Keith S30S, post: 26712802,
I think I've finally convinced my wife that leaving incorporated garage door wide open in all weathers isn't a good idea. It's only taken about 5 years...[/QUOTE]
:lol:

Ive got thermals and layers galore on, heating is on and everyone is warm as toast and i'm frozen down to the bone.:(

Seems everyone has a different ideal body temperature.
Our lass is like a hothouse plant sitting over the log fire till her clothes are singeing while I’m sitting at the back of the room next to the door trying to get a whiff of fresh air.

We keep in touch by email, nee kidin.

Currently 24 degrees downstairs (stove burning efficiently)and 16 upstairs in the bedroom with a window slightly open. Hate been warm when trying to get to sleep. Stove should keep the temp above 20 all night

Grade II listed house, so no cavity wall insulation, double glazing and git old windows.

Top floor drops down to about 16 during the night, even with the heating on all day rarely above 21 during the Winter. Kitchen has an Aga so is warm in the Winter and roasting in the Summer

In the winter when the heating goes off and the fires die down it gets cold. But by then I am under a thick duvet with Mrs KM to keep me warm.

Heating comes back on in the morning. Sometimes the log burner can be revived. I need to replace the glass wool seal. I need to fanny around with the fire in my office to build a new one if I am working that day.

Everywhere is OK except the living room. It is open to a large conservatory that has a polycarbonate roof. Always bloody freezing. I end up keeping an oil radiator on and it still struggles to get above about 18 degrees.

Just used to it and watch Tele snuggled under a blanket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back