How cold is your house at night

Hopefully your front and back doors are a standard size, as well as the sitting room windows, then you’ll be able to get something ready made.

It’s like the house that twat built here. Ours are an awkward size so had to be made to measure. The first quote was eye watering, but we found a seamstress who’s made/making them for less than half the original quote.

Hand stitched curtains over doors? It really is like going back several decades when you pass that border.

Aye - walked back , think the drink must have numbed the cold - left Tim at the arch lights :lol:, he had a canny stroll from there
Good night marra - enjoyed the owld ska toons
Aye it was good Cheers , Micky was pissed went out for his Taxi at 11-15 it wasnt booked till 12-15

Anyone had their double glazing window seals replaced? Think ours must be nigh on 30 years and it's definitely a bit drafty by the windows. Usually not an issue but certainly is at the moment!

Anyone had their double glazing window seals replaced? Think ours must be nigh on 30 years and it's definitely a bit drafty by the windows. Usually not an issue but certainly is at the moment!

Doddle to do yourself marra, look online for upvc gaskets. Pull a bit out of a window seal and measure up to buy the right gear. Your windows will need sealing on the outside too.
Tbh if you can afford to do it, new windows would be a decent shout. Sealed units lose at least 1% of the gas insulation per year.

This gives an idea of what seals are like. Mine were B100T, easy as out to push in.

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited:
Doddle to do yourself marra, look online for upvc gaskets. Pull a bit out of a window seal and measure up to buy the right gear. Your windows will need sealing on the outside too.
Tbh if you can afford to do it, new windows would be a decent shout. Sealed units lose at least 1% of the gas insulation per year.

This gives an idea of what seals are like. Mine were B100T, easy as out to push in.

Cheers mate. I'll have a look into it, won't be able to afford new windows and were hopefully moving in a few years anyway so wasn't looking at replacing them.

Cheers mate. I'll have a look into it, won't be able to afford new windows and were hopefully moving in a few years anyway so wasn't looking at replacing them.

Definitely worth doing the seals like, you can change them from inside the house no bother at all. Think I paid about 60p per meter for mine.

My seals are on their arse as well like. If you run a cloth over them you get a load of black shite coming off, as if they are disintegrating. Windows definitely need replacing like as they are condensed to hell on a morning after a cold night, but since I had a 13k quote for the job I think it's safe to say they are staying put for a few years yet.

My seals are on their arse as well like. If you run a cloth over them you get a load of black shite coming off, as if they are disintegrating. Windows definitely need replacing like as they are condensed to hell on a morning after a cold night

Mine are too. It went all together in my bedroom window so I had a permanent fog between the double glazing panels.

I couldn't afford to have the whole house done but I got the front windows done which included the broken bedroom one. Even just doing some windows has made a big difference in keeping the house warmer. You could do it in stages as you save up like I'm doing.

Back