How cold is your house at night

Hate socks in bed. If you're cold in bed get a better tog duvet.
I don’t care for them myself, but the bed is always coldest at the bottom and socks do the trick. We use high tog duvets but I couldn't tell you what they were.

I shouldn't cope withought a pair of thick socks. Ive got a few pairs of these.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=t...AUIEigC&biw=768&bih=1024#imgrc=6-eqkooSS6WBwM:
I used to work on breakdowns years ago. There are more this time of year, believe me, you either learn how to stay warm or die. Our lass will see the advert, thanks.

Last edited:
Hate socks in bed. If you're cold in bed get a better tog duvet.
I've got one of best duvets available, but still need the socks. Poor sirculation plays a large part in it though.

I don’t care for them myself, but the bed is always coldest at the bottom and socks do the trick. We use high tog duvets but I couldn't tell you what they were.

I used to work on breakdowns years ago. There are more this time of year, believe me, you either learn how to stay warm or die.
Aye, I always keep a set of base layer top, and leggings handy for the worst weather. Brilliant for winter matches, especially in smaller stadiums with gaps in the corners.

Last edited:
Because they are lazy arses. Both said they were going to do them in their own home but decided not to due to cost - but as said perhaps it was more because they couldn't be arsed.

I'm sure there are some decent independent reviews of initial outlay vs long term cost and how good they are vs radiators. To me getting rid of a radiator is a great benefit though.

Big initial outlay is putting me off as work I want to do is costing enough.

Thanks for that mate.

We switched 3 years ago from having the heating come off and on to setting it to 21 and leaving it.
House is always just nicely warm and the bills are a bit lower if anything.

I used to work on breakdowns years ago. There are more this time of year, believe me, you either learn how to stay warm or die. Our lass will see the advert, thanks.

If you have a duvet then it is much warmer if you throw a blanket over the top of it as it traps the heat inside. A bit like the big coats they used to put over the top of the bedding when we were young.

I stick it on for an hour before getting up and that does the job. Dunno what the problem with layering up is though. I’m either wearing clothes or a sturdy dressing gown.

Then you wouldn’t be bothered about the temp would you?

Only if you wanted to be cremated as without heat Nee fekking chance!

I live in an old cottage with a dorma and with it having big rooms it gets cold quick. I've started just keepimg the heatimg set at a comfortable temperature via hive

Back