How cold is your house at night

Cold. As much as I love my old fashioned wooden front door, it lets out a ridiculous amount of heat and a hell of a draft gets in. Our double glazing gaskets could use replacing too. I’ll not have the heating on at night either as the radiator in our room makes a racket. These jobs around the house keep piling up like:rolleyes:

Well insulated here. The heating goes off about 10pm. I got up just before the heating came on at 6am this morning and it was 15°C.

I'm well insulated and that's nowt to do with the heating.

Just a fat git

I do like the under floor heating we get from the pipes.

The Romans were spot on, having that

We’ve had to turn our boiler above the “Eco” setting for the first tine in the 3 years we’ve had it because it’s been hitting -10C outside overnight. The rest of the time the house is nice and warm. I even ended up on top of the covers the other week, and the heating had shut off (thermostat set to 21C).

Double duvet for us- air is freezing- boiler on and off as heat escapes quick- old houses...getting up is evil
i live in an old house too and was always freezing in the winter, bought new windows and doors earlier in the year, the difference it has made is amazing. spot on through the night now and the heating is on far less compared to last year.

thought it was all sales waffle about the heat savings by the salesman, how wrong i was, money very well spent at the end of the day.

Cold. As much as I love my old fashioned wooden front door, it lets out a ridiculous amount of heat and a hell of a draft gets in. Our double glazing gaskets could use replacing too. I’ll not have the heating on at night either as the radiator in our room makes a racket. These jobs around the house keep piling up like:rolleyes:
see above^^

All our rooms, except the kitchen, are quite cold just now at these low temps. Kitchen never gets below 16 degrees, even in very cold weather. Even though the kitchen is next the garage, which is like a fridge. We're not even bothering putting wine in the fridge prior to opening. Colder in the garage. Cats sleep in the kitchen, so it needs to be warm.

Cold.
Not bothered though...hot water bottle at night does me
Just think about previous generations and what they put up with.

i live in an old house too and was always freezing in the winter, bought new windows and doors earlier in the year, the difference it has made is amazing. spot on through the night now and the heating is on far less compared to last year.

thought it was all sales waffle about the heat savings by the salesman, how wrong i was, money very well spent at the end of the day.

see above^^
Do you have UPVC or wooden sash? Love sash windows me.

Back