How Can Anyone Be An Atheist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agreed. Scum. Although I don't anyone who has told a child they won't see their pet again.
It was probably the same person on here who told someone who had lost their loved ones they are idiots for believing they will see them again.

:) chill man. the way the atheists are ganin on like fannies on here they will find out soon enough if there is indeed a God or not.

Frantically bashing away at the key board. Worried in case they're wrong probably, that would at least explain their anger.

It was probably the same person on here who told someone who had lost their loved ones they are idiots for believing they will see them again.

Could be I guess. Although they'd have contradictory thoughts regarding the existence of God.

Last edited:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

On threads about muslims, I get accused of only focusing on them and ignoring christians.

Yes, all the religions are fair game.
fair enough mate.

I know plenty people who dont have a faith as well as a few christians and sikhs.

As long as no one is to aggressive or judgemental in their views I cant see what the problems is.

A focus on chrisitians though what about muslims, sikhs etc are they not fair game?

live and let live there are a lot more important things to worry about.
They're all in the theist line together.

Big beards, long hair, funny hats, long coats, happy clapping, head slapping, head bobbing - they're all in there, pushing and shoving, telling the others that theirs is the 'one true faith'.

No. The only correct response is "Define 'god' please".

Can you?
Well done. you've just earned the "Potato of the Month" award.

Atheists don't believe in something for which they have no proof.
Atheists proclaim "THERE IS NO GOD!!" for which they have no proof. Both atheists and theists/deists base their beliefs on faith. Neither have proof to substantiate their claim.

Last edited:
Religion is bullshit, obviously. BUT, ask any physicist "Is there a god?" and 99% will answer "I don't know". Why? The more you look into science the weirder it becomes. Nothing makes sense. The Universe supposedly exploded into existence from nothing 14b years ago. How can everything have come from nothing, it literally goes against every scientific law and principle ever devised. The Universe MUST have an origin, no thing can come from nothing, but then again, that source must also have an origin. There can be no absolute beginning to "everything" because everything must have an origin, including the origin itself.

We live in a paradox. A big lovely brainfuck of a paradox.

Also, there's no proof of a god, but, equally, there's no proof that there isn't a god. Either way, believer or not, your belief is based on faith and faith alone. Atheists are just as bad as religious nuts in that they believe something for which they have no proof.

If anyone asks "Is there a god?" the ONLY correct answer is "I don't know".
Ask any physicist "Is there a god?" and 99% will answer "I don't know", which is correct. Ask any physicist "Do you believe in god?" and 99% will answer "No".

They will look at the evidence, see a universe 14 billion years across, evidence of the number of planets in the universe, the number of species of animals, understand the laws of thermodynamics and how matter distributes through the universe. Then think, did a man with a beard do all that just for a selection of the population from one specific species of animal, on one specific planet, at one specific time in the history universe. Nah.

It seems its the atheists who are the dangerous folk going off this thread. So judgemental and full of irrational rage.
You do realise that just repeating the same old tired BS time after time doesn't make it true, don't you?

Same goes for your religious beliefs - whatever they are, of course.

Well done. you've just earned the "Potato of the Month" award.

Atheists proclaim "THERE IS NO GOD!!" for which they have no proof. Both atheists and theists/deists base their beliefs on faith. Neither have proof to substantaite their claim.
Neither side on the debate has proof. So if people have a faith or dont go quitely go about their business what is their issue.

In my work recently I have been dealing with a church that has been doing some great work helping the most needy in society. Without going into details they werent in your face just quielty helping people under the radar. I thought fair play to them.

Wonder what the raging athiests on here do for there communities when they arent from banging on their computer.

Neither side on the debate has proof. So if people have a faith or dont go quitely go about their business what is their issue.

In my work recently I have been dealing with a church that has been doing some great work helping the most needy in society. Without going into details they werent in your face just quielty helping people under the radar. I thought fair play to them.

Wonder what the raging athiests on here do for there communities when they arent from banging on their computer.
Well when you find one, why don't you ask him/her and let us know.

Ask any physicist "Do you believe in god?" and 99% will answer "No".
And rightly so. There is no proof for one. The whole point of scientific reasoning is to base your theories on cold hard proofs, be them physical or mathematical.

As for your "Man with a beard" bit, obviously religion is 100% bullshit. It's all fairytales. But, that doesn't mean the Universe wasn't somehow created by "something".

The fact is... we don't know. The Universe itself defies logic.

I've done charity work for churches before, met some lovely people who do a great deal of good for the community. I still say religion is bullshit though. Imo people can believe whatever they like, good luck to them. I just prefer the scientific method tbh.

Last edited:
And rightly so. There is no proof for one. The whole point of scientific reasoning is to base your theories on cold hard proofs, be them physical or mathematical.

As for your "Man with a beard" bit, obviously religion is 100% bullshit. It's all fairytales. But, that doesn't mean the Universe wasn't somehow created by "something".

The fact is... we don't know. The Universe itself defies logic.

But this "We don't know" argument for me seems to be unique to religion and a cloak for non-believers to avoid upsetting believers. The god of the gaps gets smaller by the day but to avoid conflict non believers will say here's the bit we don't understand yet so please continue to hold your beliefs. If the evidence for anything else was so strong in any other argument but religion you would put in the mad house to believe it.

Its like the evidence for Ellis Short being a good chairman is so weighted to a particular conclusion that you would be a fool for saying he was, but you will tell people you believe he is because there was a good quote from him in a early match day programme.

But this "We don't know" argument for me seems to be unique to religion and a cloak for non-believers to avoid upsetting believers.
Not really, it's like asking "Do Unicorns exist?". Just because neither you or I have ever seen one doesn't mean they don't exist. Absence of proof isn't proof of absence, although in the case of Unicorns we'd expect to find fossils, obviously. My point was merely that saying "there is no god" is just as bad as saying "there is a god", there is no proof to validate either claim.

I personally don't believe there is a beardy man in the clouds watching over us, but I do believe that the Universe we are a part of is about as weird as you can get and I wouldn't rule anything out without having evidence to prove/disprove it. Whatever created this Universe is by definition our "God".

You do realise that morality isn't confined to the religious, right?

And while the church might be handing out food with one hand they're perpetuating the spread of AIDS with the other by telling people it's a sin to use contraception.

Meanwhile it's the atheists who are furthering our understanding of the physical world, coming up with cures for diseases, solving environmental problems, creating new technologies to improve people's lives, while the religious are busy telling them they're going to burn in hell for believing that science rather than God has the answers.

Not really, it's like asking "Do Unicorns exist?". Just because neither you or I have ever seen one doesn't mean they don't exist. Absence of proof isn't proof of absence, although in the case of Unicorns we'd expect to find fossils, obviously. My point was merely that saying "there is no god" is just as bad as saying "there is a god", there is no proof to validate either claim.

I personally don't believe there is a beardy man in the clouds watching over us, but I do believe that the Universe we are a part of is about as weird as you can get and I wouldn't rule anything out without having evidence to prove/disprove it. Whatever created this Universe is by definition our "God".
But this proves my argument about it being specific to religion, if someone really believed in unicorns you would think they were crackers, tea pots round to moon = crackers, Ellis being a good chairman = crackers, God = keep believing, I don't want to upset your beliefs. There is no evidence for loads of things, but God seems to have get out of jail free card.

I don't believe you'll find many atheists who say definitively that there is no god. What you will usually find is that they'll say "if you want to tell me that a god exists then I want to see proof otherwise I don't believe you".

The same with unicorns. While absence of proof indeed isn't proof of absence, the scientific approach is to say "until you show me proof, I have no reason to believe a unicorn exists".

The burden of proof is with the person making the outlandish claim. If we start with a blank slate that effectively indicates that nothing exists and then write on it "unicorns exist", then from a scientific perspective you must show how you know unicorns exist, otherwise you're being unscientific.

But this proves my argument about it being specific to religion, if someone really believed in unicorns you would think they were crackers, tea pots round to moon = crackers, Ellis being a good chairman = crackers, God = keep believing, I don't want to upset your beliefs. There is no evidence for loads of things, but God seems to have get out of jail free card.
I don't want to argue for a God or against it. The whole idea to me is absurd. If there's a God who/what created it. It can't create itself. Then, what created that creator, and so on. It's an endless regression of buts and what ifs.

The Universe makes no sense. Never rule anything out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back