How Can Anyone Be An Atheist?

People going on like a raging fanny it doesnt make them right.
Correct. So try addressing the points not the poster.

Didn't say it did. But as you're someone who compares a belief in God with a belief in a Santy you'll need to explain why adults around the world still believe in God, but don't in Santy.

It's a good question. There is obviously a that some humans have for comfort or conformity that trumps reason and rationality.

Last edited:
So if you recognise its for comfort why not just let them have it?

I do. Didn't you read my earlier posts? I don't care a jot what people want to believe.
I do care when they indoctrinate children, break the law and get away with it, don't pay taxes or hurt and kill people.
Then the silly beliefs become a problem.

Oh - and the other exception is when people want to argue about their beliefs. I'll let them dig their holes all day. It's child's play.

I do. Didn't you read my earlier posts? I don't care a jot what people want to believe.
I do care when they indoctrinate children, break the law and get away with it, don't pay taxes or hurt and kill people.
Then the silly beliefs become a problem.

Oh - and the other exception is when people want to argue about their beliefs. I'll let them dig their holes all day. It's child's play.

You do care. Someone on here just states they believe in God, nothing more, nothing less. And you come hurtling in like a North Korean missile.

You do care. Someone on here just states they believe in God, nothing more, nothing less. And you come hurtling in like a North Korean missile.
If someone posts on here that they believe in god, surely they realise this is a message board and someone may want to discuss that belief with them?

But I wrote that in the reply you quoted. If people want to discuss silly beliefs on an internet message board then bring it on.
At the end of the day I don't actually care what they believe. When I switch off the laptop it never crosses my mind until next time I log on and see the replies.

On Runaround, Mike Reid used to ask a question and the kids would then run and line up behind what they thought was the answer. You'd then see some of the kids jump from one answer to the other based on who they were lining up, or noticing that the brainy kid in the school was in the other line.

I guess the theist / atheist question just boils down to who you're happy to stand in line with.

On Runaround, Mike Reid used to ask a question and the kids would then run and line up behind what they thought was the answer. You'd then see some of the kids jump from one answer to the other based on who they were lining up, or noticing that the brainy kid in the school was in the other line.

I guess the theist / atheist question just boils down to who you're happy to stand in line with.

Or you could base it on evidence like almost all people (including the happy clappers) seem quite happy to do on almost any other other subject.

That doesn't bother me. Just a bit frustrating when people argue a point then backtrack because they can't answer the question. But I guess that speaks wonders about them, eh?

I think you've misunderstood, so sorry for not being clear.

I don't care one little bit what people want to believe is true without any evidence for whatever reason they choose. Clear?

I do care if they then indoctrinate children with their nonsense. Children's minds are for very good reasons, alert, responsive and malleable. To take advantage of that, no matter how it is wrapped up by a religious authority's Marketing department, is absolutely wrong.

I also care if the believers hurt or kill others.

It doesn't bother me too much that they go around preaching and knocking on people's doors to try and convert them.

I also reserve the right to respond to idiotic posters on a footy message board. If you can't cope with that there are plenty of other threads to read, and other message boards too.

Hope that helps.

Testify, brother!

Back