How Can Anyone Be An Atheist?

Thought provoking (for some) discussion with a theist.

I haven't watched the link but find it fascinating how people can have a strong opinion either way, since we're not really going to know until we're actually dead.

I would describe myself as agnostic and open to persuasion, based on proof either way. I hope I don't find out anytime soon :lol:

Everyone's an atheist when they're born, then someone fills their heads up with fairy stories and tells them it's all true.

My question is, how can anyone be as thick as that caller in your video?
If everyone is born an atheist then any killings, rapes, madm shootings etc that are not explicitly done in the name of a god or Gods is an atheist act.

I haven't watched the link but find it fascinating how people can have a strong opinion either way, since we're not really going to know until we're actually dead.

I would describe myself as agnostic and open to persuasion, based on proof either way. I hope I don't find out anytime soon :lol:

Logic, balance of probabilities, there being no evidence whatsoever of a deity, the awful things that happen to good people on a daily basis and the obvious power structure that organised religion kept in place almost as long as mankind has existed.

It's an odd type of bitterness the way some atheists go out of their way to put down believers (of any faith). Live and let live as no harm is done imo.

Cue people bleating on about extremists as if they are the norm in religion.

Everyone's an atheist when they're born, then someone fills their heads up with fairy stories and tells them it's all true.

My question is, how can anyone be as thick as that caller in your video?

Everybody can't read, write or speak when they are born.

It's an odd type of bitterness the way some atheists go out of their way to put down believers (of any faith). Live and let live as no harm is done imo.

Born here you're christian, born in india you're could be a hindu or Sikh, born in turkey it's likely you'd be a muslim, born in Israel likely to be jewish, born in rome 2000 years ago and you'd believe in things like mars the god of war, born in norway 1200 years ago and you'd worship Odin and Thor.

Funny how where and when you're born dictates which religion you get made to follow.
Its almost as if it's a complete load of lies

Born here you're christian, born in india you're could be a hindu or Sikh, born in turkey it's likely you'd be a muslim, born in Israel likely to be jewish, born in rome 2000 years ago and you'd believe in things like mars the god of war, born in norway 1200 years ago and you'd worship Odin and Thor.

Funny how where and when you're born dictates which religion you get made to follow.
Which religion are you being made to follow mate?

That's his point. No external influences telling you to believe in this or that god.

Get what you mean, but you're not born any of them. That's what society puts on you. It's what society labels you until you decide otherwise.

Back