How Can Anyone Be An Atheist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I think that the final moments will be the same for all of us as by then the dying brain will have lost all ability to process, forms, feelings, conceptions, impulses and to store memories. There will be no thought. All thought coverings will have dissolved into emptiness. It is possible there may still be consciousness but it will be without fear. Maybe neurology can come up with an explanation one day of what part of the brain will still be functioning and what our consciousness experiences in that final moment. For the sake of clarity I don't think NDEs provide that explanation.
Cheery thought :lol:

And what about people's actual bodily forms? Would they manifest in the way they looked at their time of death?

I imagine it's kind of like the matrix where you have a "residual self-image". It'd be a bit macabre if people were wandering around heaven with guts trailing on the floor, carrying their heads under their arms, bones sticking out all over the place...

Please, please, can we distinguish between PF happy clappers and religious happy clappers?

I'm a card-carrying member, some would say king of the former but wouldn't want to be associated with the latter. :lol:
We'll be like the decomposing ghosts in "An American Werewolf in London"

All gods are god, it is one god. Whether that’s JuJu the Sky Monster, God, Allah, YHWH etc

Polytheism is the perception of gods individual actions as individuals gods. Just as I can watch TV, chew gum and wear a baseball cap at the same time, God is capable of actions in multiple areas.

Scripture like the Bible were written by men hundreds or thousands of years ago, they are not from god, they are poor interpretations of god by men from millenia ago.

Thanks for that - I always thought it was the word of god - now I know it wasn't, it was just blokes making shit up - any chance you could let me know how I find out what the real god wants?

I'm stuck with this bible thing that people have been dying over for years? Can I get it on kindle?

You’re most welcome. I really do hope you find faith, faith is not books or churches - though they can help some find it, it is an enate energy that runs through everything. We are but specks of dust and god is the orchestrator.

Brilliant - it's an enate (not a word) energy - AA understands it yet all of us atheists have missed it and science hasn't found that enate energy. Well I'm convinced, where do I sign up and give you all of my money?

Last edited:
Thanks for that - I always thought it was the word of god - now I know it wasn't, it was just blokes making shit up - any chance you could let me know how I find out what the real god wants?

I'm stuck with this bible thing that people have been dying over for years? Can I get it on kindle?

Brilliant - it's an enate (not a word) energy - AA understands it yet all of us atheists have missed it and science hasn't found that enate energy. Well I'm convinced, where do I sign up and give you all of my money?
Sounds a lot like " the force" to me.

Sounds a lot like " the force" to me.

Hardly surprising as Lucas openly admits he developed the idea of The Force from Taoist concepts of Qi (Chinese)/Ki (Japanese) which he thought was represented in all the world's religions. In some Yoga schools and the Martial Arts it is considered to be internal though rather than universal.

For the sake of clarity, I'm simply pointing out the connection and not endorsing the concept.

Last edited:
A theist calls and tells us, among other things, that god talks to him and told him about the origin of the Universe :-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back