Horizon: zero dawn

FFS. Is it worth spending £1000+ on?

4K TV, PS4Pro, Game.
Not for one game no, but ive accumulated a tv and a pro over the last 5/6 months, I got a good price for my original ps4 so the upgrade to pro was like £200 and imo totally worth it as I get more out of my tv and the games that utilise it, the extra hd space and genrally quicker loading the OS stuff

Really tempted by this. Not sure, this or Zelda....

Zelda is f**ing BRILL , what have I done , loving horizon but zelda zaps your time. got ghost recon on tuesday/MONDAY also ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

got zelda for £43 from simply, simply have put it upto £49 as they know its gonna SELL . this game is FAB.

wonder if wii u version of zelda is going to sell out & you'll be to get daft prices for it.

Last edited:
I was saying it tongue in cheek.

I dont NEED a new TV but my 46 inch plasma is 8 years old and not 4K.

Cant really justify getting a Pro even if I had the TV as I bought the VR headset recently.

May get the game though.

I went 4k a couple of years ago, from a 37 inch LCD the same age as yours. Totally worth it, and miles more affordable than when I did it.

I was saying it tongue in cheek.

I dont NEED a new TV but my 46 inch plasma is 8 years old and not 4K.

Cant really justify getting a Pro even if I had the TV as I bought the VR headset recently.

May get the game though.
See I upgraded on black friday and put the old front room telly in the bedroom because the one in the bedroom died. I totally get not wanting a pro after spending the same amount on vr. Defo get the game though

just arrived in the post :cool:
65" HDR Beauty. See you in a month :lol:
I assume at that size you're running at true 4K and not 1080p as the DPI will be horrible at that size. What graphics card do you have and have you set it up for HDR as it doesn't always as standard.

Last edited:
I assume at that size you're running at true 4K and not 1080p as the DPI will be horrible at that size. What graphics card do you have and have you set it up for HDR as it doesn't always as standard.

It's PS4 Pro so it's checkerboard 4K but it looks damn impressive. It is also HDR.

I play my Pc with a 980ti which copes with most games I've thrown at it in 4k, albeit a couple of lower shadow settings. Helps that you can pretty much discard AA.

It's PS4 Pro so it's checkerboard 4K but it looks damn impressive. It is also HDR.

I play my Pc with a 980ti which copes with most games I've thrown at it in 4k, albeit a couple of lower shadow settings. Helps that you can pretty much discard AA.
Yeah I just got that a minute too late. Yeah it's quite impressive what they got the PS4 Pro to do with this game.
I'd love to see HDR for myself. Maybe my next monitor.

How is it worth it? apart from the PS Pro theres not much 4K content

Netflix does, even without that I'm impressed with he upscaling mine does. Our old tv was shifted up to the bedroom, the Mrs and I often watch things at different times, the same shit does look better on the flasher telly.

Netflix does, even without that I'm impressed with he upscaling mine does. Our old tv was shifted up to the bedroom, the Mrs and I often watch things at different times, the same shit does look better on the flasher telly.

You've convinced me. My only problem is the bigger TVs dont fit on my trusty wooden unit and I dont like the idea of the TV up on the wall.

Really enjoying this so far. Not that far in like. On bog standard ps4 but the graphics are probably the best I've seen

Back