Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speaking of what is acceptable and unacceptable, tell me how they treat the gays in Abu Dhabi? Is it a rope or a sword?

He'd still be better dressed than the majority of your away support tbf
Enjoy your trip.
The UAE Federal Penal Code, Article 354 states “whoever commits rape on a female or sodomy with a male shall be punishable by death”.

Article 177 of the Penal Code of Dubai has consensual sodomy as being punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

Haha not sure matey what do you reckon?
Personally I think if it is an isolated incident with a mate, it could be laughed off. If it continues with a 'mate' or is used with someone else, it is probably crossing the banter area into bullying/harassment territory.

Last edited:
The homophobic chants used to be rife at about the same time as racist ones were.

"Don't bend down when Micky Quinn's around cos you might get a p***s up yer arse"

Fortunately the racist ones have pretty much disappeared but if someone shouts something homophobic it wouldn't be treat in the same way as if someone shouted something racist. It should really.

"Get up off the floor you puff!" should be considered as bad as racist shouts imo. Use a different word to insult someone you think is being a wimp.

Enjoy your trip.
The UAE Federal Penal Code, Article 354 states “whoever commits rape on a female or sodomy with a male shall be punishable by death”.

Article 177 of the Penal Code of Dubai has consensual sodomy as being punishable by up to 10 years in prison.

Personally I think if it is an isolated incident with a mate, it could be laughed off. If it continues with a 'mate' or is used with someone else, it is probably crossing the banter area into bullying/harassment territory.
Wow so if a "mate" of about 30 years called you it would you be offended by it and class it as bullying?
By the way or you referring to the term "puff" or "soft" here?

Goes back to mid to late 70's, I'll let Raba explain in detail.

It's best summed up by a line in an article written on the fiercest rivalries in football.

"For reasons unknown to the rest of the footballing world, the two sets of supporters detest eachother with a passion not seen outside the Balkans"

I rather like the fact nobody else understands it.
It's a really intense rivalry, a lot of animosity between the fans.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....g/2011/sep/27/brighton-crystal-palace-rivalry

So I have called my mate on many occasions soft, you think I am being offensive to him do you?

1. Yep, I've never met a gay person in Scotland who hasn't got a job. There's quite a few I know and know through mates/lasses I've been with etc

2. Yup, in Scotland gay couples can get married.

3. No idea about whether couples can adopt a child as easily as a straight couple - I don't have children myself, and don't even know the procedure for a straight couple to adopt. What is the difference?

4. Probably not, however a transvestite does not necessarily mean gay.

You have proved how easily people get offended though.

The gay pride stuff is way over the top, my opinion won't change on that. Parks get closed to host these sort of events which restricts families/others to use these facilities at weekends etc, which is wrong. If gay people still have to have these events, then it shouldn't close public places to host them. In addition close streets and the likes to restrict vehicles and so on.

It would be the same if it was others doing the same to be fair, but a load of pissed up gay people with paint on their face, acting like twats and pretending to own the place, police letting them do stuff in which you'd get locked up for if straight, does not encourage equality.

It is exactly the same as how racism is going - "is t because I'm gay" same as the "is it because I'm black" card gets played way too often, when it is not even relevant.

If I was to have a disagreement/argument/fight with some pleb who is straight, nothing is said, if the person was gay, they'd play the gay card.

I didn't ask "can homosexuals get jobs" I asked if homosexuals can get jobs as easily as a straight man. I didn't ask if it's legal for gay couples to marry I asked if they would find it as easy and straightforward as straight couples. Homosexual couples to this day fight prejudice within the houses of parliament in their quest for equality. No a transvestite isn't necessarily gay, but I was asking if they still get abuse for how they dress in 2017.

Do you moan about the various parades and events that happen? Notting Hill Carnival? The Orange Men marches? V festival? And so on? Or is it just Pride events that disrupt your life to this degree?

What exactly are gay people doing that a straight person would get locked up for doing? :lol:

If you had a disagreement/argument/fight with some pleb who is straight you'd get disagreed with/argued with/locked up, if you had a disagreement/argument/fight with some pleb who is gay you'd get disagreed with/argued with/locked up, if you had a disagreement/argument/fight because someone was gay you'd be guilty of a hate crime.

He'd still be better dressed than the majority of your away support tbf
True enough, he's quite the glamourpuss.

1. Yep, I've never met a gay person in Scotland who hasn't got a job. There's quite a few I know and know through mates/lasses I've been with etc

2. Yup, in Scotland gay couples can get married.

3. No idea about whether couples can adopt a child as easily as a straight couple - I don't have children myself, and don't even know the procedure for a straight couple to adopt. What is the difference?

4. Probably not, however a transvestite does not necessarily mean gay.

You have proved how easily people get offended though.

The gay pride stuff is way over the top, my opinion won't change on that. Parks get closed to host these sort of events which restricts families/others to use these facilities at weekends etc, which is wrong. If gay people still have to have these events, then it shouldn't close public places to host them. In addition close streets and the likes to restrict vehicles and so on.

It would be the same if it was others doing the same to be fair, but a load of pissed up gay people with paint on their face, acting like twats and pretending to own the place, police letting them do stuff in which you'd get locked up for if straight, does not encourage equality.

It is exactly the same as how racism is going - "is t because I'm gay" same as the "is it because I'm black" card gets played way too often, when it is not even relevant.

If I was to have a disagreement/argument/fight with some pleb who is straight, nothing is said, if the person was gay, they'd play the gay card.
I was at Newcastle Pride last week. Hosted in a section of Exhibition Park but anyone was welcome to come along and enjoy it. Bands, rides, etc. A great family day out. I didn't notice any sodomy.

I must say, opposing the closing / use of public parks once a year is a new and refreshing way of saying "I don't mind them but...."

Got anything to back your stance up with?

Do gay men have as easy a time getting a job than a straight man? Can gay couples get married in a church if they fancy without much problem, just like straight couples can? Can gay couples adopt a child as easily as straight couples? Can transvestites walk down a street without getting abuse just because of what they're wearing?
You are mingling many different issues there.

I do not see, for example what transsexuals and transvestites have to do with sexual orientation. Separate issues lumped together for political reasons.

Gay men and women have protections regarding employment - discrimination is illegal.

Marriage in a church is a religious matter. Would be impinging on religious liberty if the government starts getting involved with this.

On adoption, there is a lack of longitudinal research on the effects of gay adoption. Indeed the dynamic and outcomes of lesbian vs gay male adoption may also be different. Personally I have reservations about it, and look forward to further research

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back