Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heard Gareth Thomas, the rugby lad who is openly gay, on the radio talking about how rife homophobia is in football, chants at every game. Got to say I've never heard a homophobic chant at a match-am I just sheltered or is there a lot of it at matches.

Implication of what he's saying is that footballers are too scared to come out as being gay because of the abuse they'd receive from the terraces.

It's 2017, surely nobody gives a shit whether a player is gay or not.

Heard Gareth Thomas, the rugby lad who is openly gay, on the radio talking about how rife homophobia is in football, chants at every game. Got to say I've never heard a homophobic chant at a match-am I just sheltered or is there a lot of it at matches.

Implication of what he's saying is that footballers are too scared to come out as being gay because of the abuse they'd receive from the terraces.

To be fair I've heard it loads but not so much recently

It exists in football yes, there will be many gay footballers but I can understand why they don't come out as gay. Anyone shouting such abuse in the stands should be banned from the game for life, there is no need for it in this day an age. I have no problems with gay footballers, if they give 100% on the pitch then that is good enough for me.

.. I'd rather they be gay than be shit ..

The Mags have got a rainbow flag tbf it's probably their best of an horrendous collection

Never heard any chanting really. Other than everything that was ever said to Graham Le Saux

Not chants but definitely individual comments along the lines of 'puff' etc. Don't know how much that sort of stuff would affect a youngun who was gay.

I've never heard any homophobic chanting in the 23 years I've been going. The odd shout of "puff" is as much as I've heard but surely that's not what they're getting at?

Being gay doesn't mean not being able to play football, you a homophobe like? I know they turn a blind eye to it on these boards but it won't be the case when they do eventually come out as gay.

I've never heard homophobic chanting in my 25 years of gannin' to the match. The odd remark perhaps but certainly not chanting.

I do recall the "He's big, he's bent, his arse is up for rent, [insert name here]" chant from the playground though. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back