Homophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's no way that I wouldn't call out someone being homophobic (or racist for that matter) near me at the match in this day and age. I would hope it would be similar for many.

There's no way that I wouldn't call out someone being homophobic (or racist for that matter) near me at the match in this day and age. I would hope it would be similar for many.
Does this mean having a pop at someone if they call a player a fairy for bottling a tackle?

Does this mean having a pop at someone if they call a player a fairy for bottling a tackle?

No - but I would if they called them a faggot for example

A fairy is a small, delicate creature - surely its appropriate to call someone one of them. Same as if you called them a pansy or a buttercup I guess.

No - but I would if they called them a faggot for example

A fairy is a small, delicate creature - surely its appropriate to call someone one of them. Same as if you called them a pansy or a buttercup I guess.
I see, fair enough. I still think people just use these words without having an anti-gay agenda.

Edit: out of interest to all reading - if you get upset by this sort of stuff being said at football matches, do you also get upset when it is used in music (faggot is often used by Eminem, for example)?

Last edited:
I'm sick of hearing about f***ing gays. Nobody gives a shit that you are gay, just like nobody gives a shit about me or my next door neighbour or my bosses dog. They need to get over themselves and stop looking for attention.

Homosexuality is illegal in about 70 countries. People do give a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back