Holidays

We've been to Cala en Porter a couple of times mainly due to the airport proximity. The second time we got a car and travelled around a bit and the only place we weren't keen on was Cala Galdana. I probably wouldn't stay on the North coast as the weather can be a bit rough around Fornells.
Nice one, we've since booked up elsewhere for this year but will definitely look to return to Menorca again, especially whilst the kids are young. i love taking them down the little beach coves rather than some packed beach you'd get in mainland spain/majorcia where you fighting for every inch of sand just to lay a couple of towels and kids can wade really far out and the waters still only waist deep. Beautiful island.

Rented a villa in Es Castell / Cala Fonts last summer and had a great time
we were quite close to Cala Blanes first year we went, some lovely villa's up there.

Nice one, we've since booked up elsewhere for this year but will definitely look to return to Menorca again, especially whilst the kids are young. i love taking them down the little beach coves rather than some packed beach you'd get in mainland spain/majorcia where you fighting for every inch of sand just to lay a couple of towels and kids can wade really far out and the waters still only waist deep. Beautiful island.
I went for a walk early one morning and was strolling along the cliffs fighting the undergrowth and ended up overlooking Calas Coves which is absolutely stunning.

That work well? On in every bar?

Have a mate there atm says weathers about 20 so sun tan territory, assume its well nice mid march weather wise?
Its now become quite a big week. Can't say its on in every bar but its certainly on in the ones around the Tiki corner area. The winning post bar has its own bookie inside which is ideal. The weather last year was pretty good so hopefully the same again and with it being a big week, the bars are heaving on a night. Nice little daft week away with the lads, cannit whack it!

you will love it...lots of pubs and eateries without being too big...great beach and very cheap to eat out.
Try Rush bar, The Lighthouse and Venice on the canal for quality cheap food and drink. pm me for any more info mate.
Recommend any good all inclusive sort of boat trips mate ? 5 weeks on Sunday its coming round quick :D

Recommend any good all inclusive sort of boat trips mate ? 5 weeks on Sunday its coming round quick :D
go on a great one at least twice when we are there... its not all inc but you get a full day with a nice lunch, they even collect you and drop you off for £10 for adults and £5 for kids...the missus has their details and shes a kip...i will get it for you tomorra mate, its highly recommended...where are you staying?

go on a great one at least twice when we are there... its not all inc but you get a full day with a nice lunch, they even collect you and drop you off for £10 for adults and £5 for kids...the missus has their details and shes a kip...i will get it for you tomorra mate, its highly recommended...where are you staying?
Staying at the Ekinci Palace owa lass stayed there when she went with her Mam a couple of year ago says its basic but does the job like ... Good job I'm not a snob :lol: Cheers mate lad at work was on about all inc trips for a bit more £20'ish but not garn looking about all over for them

Staying at the Ekinci Palace owa lass stayed there when she went with her Mam a couple of year ago says its basic but does the job like ... Good job I'm not a snob :lol: Cheers mate lad at work was on about all inc trips for a bit more £20'ish but not garn looking about all over for them
Havent stayed there, but seen it..Must have been to Icmeler about 9-10 times now, going again July...love the place...il get that info for you tomorra, you just message him and he picks you up...boat very clean and family run with him and his missus, has his mother cooking the dinners..great day out.

its Ozge Mama boat mate, pull him up on f/book and message him from there...highly recommended.

Was going to Slovenia from Newcastle via Brussels but the first flight was with FlyBMI.

Luckily the flights were with Brussels Airlines are refundable. Other routes too long and silly prices.

Starting over again. Might do a couple of city breaks back to back. Munich and Barcelona perhaps
I went there last year, amazing place! We flew into Venice Treviso with Ryanair, hired a car and drove to Slovenia, worked out a lot cheaper. Couple of hours drive to Ljubljana which I'd recommend visiting for a day, then an hour up to Lake Bled. Also go to Postojna caves and Predjama castle if you go

Icmeler... newhere better.
There now been since early hours of Monday cracking place first time here will be back. Had night time bait in Tipsi Burger, Titanic and Waterfall all very good ... Tbf the hotel chicken kebab was class anarl topper food

Leave 9 Sunday night :cry:

Last edited:
two weeks time off to Canada (Ottawa/Quebec) for a month then a trip to sunderland for a week,was in Vienna last week for a couple of days.

Back