Holidaying abroad this year

Just been looking at Copenhagen there having a toss up between there, Reykjavik or Stockholm. Unsure what to do there with mini me but still fancy one of them late summer.
Been looking at nyc but accommodation through roof at minute.
We had Copenhagen cancelled the Easter when the pandemic hit so it would be good to tick it off the list. Still got the vouchers from the cancelled flights so it's a free hit to get there at least.

You're right about NYC accommodation like, we booked the Hilton in Brooklyn as part of a BA holiday and it was pretty reasonable.....but now that the kids are 17 and 18, we need two rooms, so it goes from reasonable to tear inducing :) :)

We had Copenhagen cancelled the Easter when the pandemic hit so it would be good to tick it off the list. Still got the vouchers from the cancelled flights so it's a free hit to get there at least.

You're right about NYC accommodation like, we booked the Hilton in Brooklyn as part of a BA holiday and it was pretty reasonable.....but now that the kids are 17 and 18, we need two rooms, so it goes from reasonable to tear inducing :) :)
Hotel we had in midtown/turtle bay is now 4 times the price per night. Nearly fell off my chair when we pricing up another trip 😂

Thinking of knocking scandi places on head and trying zadar out of Newcastle as been looking at it today. If honest I’ll gan anywhere now like to get away.

Hotel we had in midtown/turtle bay is now 4 times the price per night. Nearly fell off my chair when we pricing up another trip 😂

Thinking of knocking scandi places on head and trying zadar out of Newcastle as been looking at it today. If honest I’ll gan anywhere now like to get away.
Likewise Marra - we are f***ing class at booking holidays, but shite at gannin on them! :)

Have people had to scan their passport into the covid app before going abroad. We going to Lanzarote and I thought covid pass just needed to be downloaded but my partner says we have to scan passport and take a photo of ourselves on app.

Not so simple as it is the country you are going to which needs to see the information and each has their own app/website.

Not so simple as it is the country you are going to which needs to see the information and each has their own app/website.
I have explained what the rules are for the Canaries. I was only there 3 weeks ago and the only thing that has changed is the testing on your return.

You now only need to register a LFT with the British passenger locator form and complete it within 2 days of landing.

I had to do a lateral flow before I returned and a PCR after getting home.

I have explained what the rules are for the Canaries. I was only there 3 weeks ago and the only thing that has changed is the testing on your return.

You now only need to register a LFT with the British passenger locator form and complete it within 2 days of landing.

This - been to Lanzarote three times under COVID. Gets easier each time. Spanish locator form a piece of piss compared to the UK one.

Just to confirm I am aware of the rules to enter/leave Lanzarote bit it is the UK NHS app that is only letting me have access to a domestic pass. To get an international one I have to provide photo I'd and a video. I thought it was just the same pass I used for footy so am having a bit of a panic as my first Id was rejected. Blooming nightmare but thanks everyone who has taken the time to comment.

Feel physically sick over this pcr test on Wednesday. Delayed result or unlikely positive and the entire trip is ruined :(
Results only took a hour to come through for ours, we just hung about went for something to eat. One result missing, just went back and they resent it so we had our results before we left the metro. Good luck..

Results only took a hour to come through for ours, we just hung about went for something to eat. One result missing, just went back and they resent it so we had our results before we left the metro. Good luck..

Still haven't heard back. Said anytime before 10pm. Not ideal as I'm heading to the airport hotel at 6

Unfortunately I don’t speak Spanish so don’t understand the link you’ve posted 🤔

This is a simplified version of that article.

Basically our loveable Spanish cousins will, from Feb 1, recognise a certification stating that a person vaccinated WITHIN 270 days will be allowed entry to Spain. So people, regardless of nation, who have been vaccinated more than 9 months ago will need a booster shot.

Basically our loveable Spanish cousins will, from Feb 1, recognise a certification stating that a person vaccinated WITHIN 270 days will be allowed entry to Spain. So people, regardless of nation, who have been vaccinated more than 9 months ago will need a booster shot.
Hope you are ok for your May holiday, looking forward to the updates!

so based on this anyone who has recently had a booster and is looking to travel to Spain in oct/nov this year would need to be having another jab - surely they will review/change this?

so based on this anyone who has recently had a booster and is looking to travel to Spain in oct/nov this year would need to be having another jab - surely they will review/change this?
If governments don't roll out a programme of boosters then yes I would think they will.
Current booster only gives 10 weeks protection and we can't be boosting every 10 weeks. So there needs to be a strategy for the future and guess countries will adapt around that.
I'll be going to Spain in October so will keep an eye.

Anyone been to Poland this year ? Some cracking deals for the week of my winter holiday but not sure what it’s like over there at the moment

Back