Holidaying abroad this year

just a heads up , car hire has goner through the roof in particular around the med area . book your car hire asap.

Car hire was expensive last year too. All of the operators sold off big parts of their fleets to survive but haven't had the chance to restock as the manufacturers are still running at limited capacities. The days when you could get a weeks rental for the price of a taxi to your hotel are gone.

Doesn't bother me personally. I never hire a car on holiday.

Car hire was expensive last year too. All of the operators sold off big parts of their fleets to survive but haven't had the chance to restock as the manufacturers are still running at limited capacities. The days when you could get a weeks rental for the price of a taxi to your hotel are gone.

been looking at the States, almost doubled:eek:, ie same price as flights

Me neither.

Me and the missus just like to go for a walk every day and stop off every so often for a couple of drinks and maybe a bite to eat - not worth risking my license for that.

Plus, I don't like driving in unfamiliar areas in this country let alone have to do it abroad with the added factor of the steering wheel on the opposite side of the car and strange sign-postage.

Me neither.

Me and the missus just like to go for a walk every day and stop off every so often for a couple of drinks and maybe a bite to eat - not worth risking my license for that.

Plus, I don't like driving in unfamiliar areas in this country let alone have to do it abroad with the added factor of the steering wheel on the opposite side of the car and strange sign-postage.

Yup. A typical day on holiday for me could easily be described as a "random wander with drinks along the way". Having to worry about parking, local driving rules and having to watch what I drinking would limit the fun of a holiday. I'm sure that if I ever did a big trip to the USA then I would have to hire a car outside of the major cities but in Europe, public transport is usually excellent and in Asia taxis are typically very cheap.

Me neither.

Same here but also my wife won't let me drive abroad.

Back