Holidaying abroad this year

Just back after two weeks in Florida, Disney, universal etc. got covid in the second week (didn’t test but I’ve had it before so I reckon it was), felt like a mild cold tbh. Suppose it helped that it was nice and warm so I just chilled by the villa pool and smoked my tits off. Bit annoying, but we are apparently living in the ‘new normal’ so to be expected. Not surprising that it was about tbh, you get packed into ride queues like sardines.

For Spain you need proof of vaccination etc , but what would happen, if you were pulled for a random test at entry and tested positive? Would you be denied entry

would have to isolate at place you're staying, will make checks on you and if not there, would face hefty fine
Info seems a bit contradictory on the net. See below
My sons going to Spain soon and he's panicking about what would happen

What do you do if you catch Covid in Spain?​

While there is no need to self-isolate if you test positive for Covid in Spain, you should inform direct contacts and take the following extra precautionary measures for 10 days from diagnosis or from when symptoms began.

These measures include wearing a mask, reducing your social interaction and avoiding large events and crowded spaces, and avoiding contact with people who are deemed high risk.

Hotels and accommodation providers may have their own rules and protocols for Covid-19, so you should be aware of these before you travel.

Info seems a bit contradictory on the net. See below
My sons going to Spain soon and he's panicking about what would happen

What do you do if you catch Covid in Spain?​

While there is no need to self-isolate if you test positive for Covid in Spain, you should inform direct contacts and take the following extra precautionary measures for 10 days from diagnosis or from when symptoms began.

These measures include wearing a mask, reducing your social interaction and avoiding large events and crowded spaces, and avoiding contact with people who are deemed high risk.

Hotels and accommodation providers may have their own rules and protocols for Covid-19, so you should be aware of these before you travel.
just been to Mallorca, was mandatory showing of forms ie proof of vaccination at Palma, was a Scottish bloke on a different flight was held back as had no forms and no proof of test , was arguing didn't know was required:D . not sure what happened though, didn't see him at baggage reclaim.

just been to Mallorca, was mandatory showing of forms ie proof of vaccination at Palma, was a Scottish bloke on a different flight was held back as had no forms and no proof of test , was arguing didn't know was required:D . not sure what happened though, didn't see him at baggage reclaim.
Flying to Majorca on Friday, just read that last vaccination should be within 270 days. We are slightly outside that window by a few weeks. What’s the likelihood of them checking, should we be doing a test prior to going?

Flying to Majorca on Friday, just read that last vaccination should be within 270 days. We are slightly outside that window by a few weeks. What’s the likelihood of them checking, should we be doing a test prior to going?

key statement is from above i think is-
Your final dose of a valid vaccine must be no more than 270 days before your departure date to be considered fully vaccinated. if you have had a booster jab then there is no expiry date from the booster jab date.

as long as had booster be fine. no action required

Doesnt matter if you have had 3 jabs incl booster.

key statement is from above i think is-
Your final dose of a valid vaccine must be no more than 270 days before your departure date to be considered fully vaccinated. if you have had a booster jab then there is no expiry date from the booster jab date.

as long as had booster be fine. no action required
Thanks for that, really thought we had nothing to be concerned about until my last minute check and panic. 17 year old daughter coming as well, she’s ok as well as double jabbed. Just read there is masks on the flight as well. Amazing how quickly you forget

Thanks for that, really thought we had nothing to be concerned about until my last minute check and panic. 17 year old daughter coming as well, she’s ok as well as double jabbed. Just read there is masks on the flight as well. Amazing how quickly you forget
we went with jet 2 about month ago, we wore masks there and back but it was optional , tbh hardly anyone wearing masks on either flight.

This might seem like a daft question but I'm gonna ask it anyway.

I've just arranged a quick trip to Spain to visit the daughter. I was last there in April and my Vaxx pass thing is still in my iPhone Wallet and reads 'valid till 21st December 2022'. All fine and dandy.

But I recall reading somewhere that the QR code on the Vaxx pass thing was only valid for a month. Which doesn't equate with the above. I suppose I could just update anyway. But the missus is even more of a technophobe than me so I don't want to panic her into needing to do something on her phone that she don'ts need to.

Thoughts?
Edit "The expiry date does not apply to your vaccination status. The expiry date refers only to the barcode and will update automatically in the digital version of the COVID Pass. The barcodes have expiry dates to protect your data privacy." (gov.uk)

Seems pretty pointless putting an expiry date of 6 months in text when I'd imagine most countries/airports will us the QR code on the version that's saved on my phone, or printed out ... which expires after a month. Hey ho

Last edited by a moderator:
This might seem like a daft question but I'm gonna ask it anyway.

I've just arranged a quick trip to Spain to visit the daughter. I was last there in April and my Vaxx pass thing is still in my iPhone Wallet and reads 'valid till 21st December 2022'. All fine and dandy.

But I recall reading somewhere that the QR code on the Vaxx pass thing was only valid for a month. Which doesn't equate with the above. I suppose I could just update anyway. But the missus is even more of a technophobe than me so I don't want to panic her into needing to do something on her phone that she don'ts need to.

Thoughts?
Edit "The expiry date does not apply to your vaccination status. The expiry date refers only to the barcode and will update automatically in the digital version of the COVID Pass. The barcodes have expiry dates to protect your data privacy." (gov.uk)

Seems pretty pointless putting an expiry date of 6 months in text when I'd imagine most countries/airports will us the QR code on the version that's saved on my phone, or printed out ... which expires after a month. Hey ho

Back