Holidaying abroad this year

Hang fire if you're needing a 2 day LFT on your return to the UK. Looks like they're going to scrap these soon.

I've already bought mine, leave for Cuba in 10 days.
Haha jesus. Isnt that about 10 changes to rules in 12 weeks. Crackers havent got a clue what they are doing !

They will probably back by March

Haha jesus. Isnt that about 10 changes to rules in 12 weeks. Crackers havent got a clue what they are doing !

They will probably back by March

Every country is the same in constantly changing their rules. You can't plan anything far in advance.

Even worse in the countries where decision making is devolved to regional or city level where one part of the country can have different rules to another and then on top of that enforcement varies a lot too.

Sadly other eu countries seem to be enforcing greater rules such as Spain from 1st feb requires last vaccination to be have been within 270 days

I have a couple of weekends coming up in Spain and that's fine by me. Booster was in mid-December and I had COID over Christmas so I'm triple jabbed and with natural immunity.

The only thing which can go wrong now is a new nastier strain and then we are back to square one.

Sadly other eu countries seem to be enforcing greater rules such as Spain from 1st feb requires last vaccination to be have been within 270 days
They'll soon change that once (if) it starts to affect the numbers of people booking.

Me and my missus had our boosters in late November last year and were thinking of booking a holiday in Spain in September this year. If that rule is still in place and the UK does not offer another jab between now and then then we will simply look to go elsewhere.

The only alternative would be to book, and pay for, another jab privately but I suspect most wouldn't bother.

They'll soon change that once (if) it starts to affect the numbers of people booking.

Me and my missus had our boosters in late November last year and were thinking of booking a holiday in Spain in September this year. If that rule is still in place and the UK does not offer another jab between now and then then we will simply look to go elsewhere.

The only alternative would be to book, and pay for, another jab privately but I suspect most wouldn't bother.

I think it's eu recommendation as a lot of countries especially on shengen are rolling it out - comes into play for entry to here in cz Feb 1st. I think it's only if you haven't been 'boostered' mind - will see if I can dig the article out

To be honest, it's not worth bothering about what the rules will be in September as they will have changed multiple times before then. There is no way that they will be able to keep the 270 day rule past the summer given the number of people who got their boosters towards the end of 2020.

To be honest, it's not worth bothering about what the rules will be in September as they will have changed multiple times before then. There is no way that they will be able to keep the 270 day rule past the summer given the number of people who got their boosters towards the end of 2020.
That was my initial thoughts but @Lambchops is going to try and dig out an article where he remember it saying it only applies to those who haven't had a booster.

That was my initial thoughts but @Lambchops is going to try and dig out an article where he remember it saying it only applies to those who haven't had a booster.

It's actually a banner at the top of the gov portal now

It's actually a banner at the top of the gov portal now

EU directive it seems

Last edited:

Back