Holidaying abroad this year

Need some advice lads..

going away the 5th of November, the place we are going to needs a negative test over the last 72 hours .

first when’s best to order them

secondly , if we fly Friday night, when’s best to test , was thinking take Tuesday, send off giving them 2.5 days to give results before we fly ?
Scratch the above. Used express tests in the metro, 177 quid. Brutal .

Last edited:

Going away with a few mates to the south of France on Saturday. Booked lateral flow with C19 following advice on here so cheers.

For the day 2 PCR test though what is my best option there? I was looking at Randox but a couple of the lads have mentioned they are just using the same code, which they have already done a couple of times now for a test they booked months ago for a holiday back in May? Does this work and can you only do this after you have booked an initial day 2 PCR at some point (I haven't been away yet this year so no historic code)? Apologies if answer is in the thread, haven't read through it all.

Already am double jabbed? @George Kaplan

A little light humour. No offence intended. But now I’m curious; where are you going that requires you to test negative? My own travel plans are very limited and I’ve not bothered to look beyond the minimal requirements for where I’m going (Spain to visit a daughter) and the ever-changing, balls-ache, scam ones for returning to the UK. So I’m ignorant of what other nations vaccination and testing requirements are.

A little light humour. No offence intended. But now I’m curious; where are you going that requires you to test negative? My own travel plans are very limited and I’ve not bothered to look beyond the minimal requirements for where I’m going (Spain to visit a daughter) and the ever-changing, balls-ache, scam ones for returning to the UK. So I’m ignorant of what other nations vaccination and testing requirements are.

Non taken :). just confirming as people can be precious here and would presume im not for the next 5 years. We are off to the UAE, super strict entry rules still

Going away with a few mates to the south of France on Saturday. Booked lateral flow with C19 following advice on here so cheers.

For the day 2 PCR test though what is my best option there? I was looking at Randox but a couple of the lads have mentioned they are just using the same code, which they have already done a couple of times now for a test they booked months ago for a holiday back in May? Does this work and can you only do this after you have booked an initial day 2 PCR at some point (I haven't been away yet this year so no historic code)? Apologies if answer is in the thread, haven't read through it all.

I presume that you return before 4th October because you won’t need the c19 ones after that. I‘m about to book a Randox test myself so I’ll need the code (returning prior to the end of October so still need a PCR).

I suppose you can cheat the system if you use a code that you’ve used before but it’s a risk and also a complete twats trick. Plus how can you use a code unless you’ve got one that applies to yourself?

The key point however is the ‘twats trick’ one. Yes it’s expensive, yes it’s a scam, yes the government are changing it to make it cheaper after October. But for someone to say “I‘m not gonna test at all, just fuck the system, and yeah maybe I’m infected but fuck everybody else and I’ll use a code to help me get away with it”? I’m afraid that doesn’t rest easy with me.

or a meringue ?

I presume that you return before 4th October because you won’t need the c19 ones after that. I‘m about to book a Randox test myself so I’ll need the code (returning prior to the end of October so still need a PCR).

I suppose you can cheat the system if you use a code that you’ve used before but it’s a risk and also a complete twats trick. Plus how can you use a code unless you’ve got one that applies to yourself?

The key point however is the ‘twats trick’ one. Yes it’s expensive, yes it’s a scam, yes the government are changing it to make it cheaper after October. But for someone to say “I‘m not gonna test at all, just fuck the system, and yeah maybe I’m infected but fuck everybody else and I’ll use a code to help me get away with it”? I’m afraid that doesn’t rest easy with me.

or a meringue ?
Return on 2nd aye.

Not sure your point is right really. The tests out there are mandatory (i.e. the lateral flow C19 testing one). The 'twats trick' you are referring to is just the day 2 PCR test? Surely you could just test with another free NHS lateral flow once home or even an NHS PCR test - the exact same test as you would be paying for? Don't think the issue is being tested, more forking out £50 for the exact same test you can get for nowt.

Point is mute like as I will be buying the day 2 PCR anyway :lol:

Return on 2nd aye.

Not sure your point is right really. The tests out there are mandatory (i.e. the lateral flow C19 testing one). The 'twats trick' you are referring to is just the day 2 PCR test? Surely you could just test with another free NHS lateral flow once home or even an NHS PCR test - the exact same test as you would be paying for? Don't think the issue is being tested, more forking out £50 for the exact same test you can get for nowt.

Point is mute like as I will be buying the day 2 PCR anyway :lol:

Moot. Not mute. That would be silent. :lol:

But yes, the ‘return to the uk‘ test is mandatory. But only till 4th October.

“The current traffic light system will be replaced by a single red list of countries and territories which will continue to be crucial in order to protect public health, and simplified travel measures for arrivals from the rest of the world from Monday 4 October at 4am.

Testing requirements will also be reduced for eligible fully vaccinated travellers, who will no longer need to take a PDT when travelling to England from Monday 4 October 4am.”

New system for international travel

Last edited by a moderator:
Moot. Not mute. That would be silent. :lol:

But yes, the ‘return to the uk‘ test is mandatory. But only till 4th October.

“The current traffic light system will be replaced by a single red list of countries and territories which will continue to be crucial in order to protect public health, and simplified travel measures for arrivals from the rest of the world from Monday 4 October at 4am.

Testing requirements will also be reduced for eligible fully vaccinated travellers, who will no longer need to take a PDT when travelling to England from Monday 4 October 4am.”

New system for international travel
Brainfart typing while working :lol: :oops:

Yeah I am aware of that, but my point was in relation to my trip where I fly home on the 2nd... therefore it is still a requirement for lateral flow before returning plus day 2 pcr.

Y
Brainfart typing while working :lol: :oops:

Yeah I am aware of that, but my point was in relation to my trip where I fly home on the 2nd... therefore it is still a requirement for lateral flow before returning plus day 2 pcr.
Yep.

It’s not mandatory for mine cos I fly on 10th October. But I’ve already bought and paid for the fuckers. And, like you, I have to pay for PCR tests day 2 because the rules change “at the end of October“ and I’ll be taking the test on or around the 28th.

Timing has never been my strong point.

Y

Yep.

It’s not mandatory for mine cos I fly on 10th October. But I’ve already bought and paid for the fuckers. And, like you, I have to pay for PCR tests day 2 because the rules change “at the end of October“ and I’ll be taking the test on or around the 28th.

Timing has never been my strong point.
Yeah its bollocks really. All for testing in some capacity but charging for the exact same tests they dish out for free is just a total scam! My lateral flow from C19 arrived this morning and then my batch of NHS free ones a couple hours ago and they are absolutely identical, laughable :lol:

Yeah its bollocks really. All for testing in some capacity but charging for the exact same tests they dish out for free is just a total scam! My lateral flow from C19 arrived this morning and then my batch of NHS free ones a couple hours ago and they are absolutely identical, laughable :lol:

I suspect that the only difference is that the free NHS ones aren't traceable so you don't get a reference code to put on your passenger locator firm.

Otherwise totally identical.

I suspect that the only difference is that the free NHS ones aren't traceable so you don't get a reference code to put on your passenger locator firm.

Otherwise totally identical.

the holiday testing is a farce and nothing more than a money scheme, my day 2 test was sent 3 days late...i didnt get a reply from the NHS track and trace till 2 months after i sent the e-mail to explain my test was going to be late

Booked Lapland for December, which we're not telling the children about in case we end up not going for whatever reason...

also have Disney + Florida booked for April, payment due in December, not sure what will happen on that front, will have to wait and see how things pan out over the next few weeks/months.

So let's recap. What will the new fat-free, low calorie, sugar free, diet regulations be like? I know the simplified regulations hopefully coming in soon will see Green and Amber consolidated into one group and only Red as the only colour of any definition and there is less tests to do which will be cheaper. But that is all I know. My vague interpretation is that there is one test for traveller's returning -a single PCR test on Day 2 or one LFT. Is that true?

So let's recap. What will the new fat-free, low calorie, sugar free, diet regulations be like? I know the simplified regulations hopefully coming in soon will see Green and Amber consolidated into one group and only Red as the only colour of any definition and there is less tests to do which will be cheaper. But that is all I know. My vague interpretation is that there is one test for traveller's returning -a single PCR test on Day 2 or one LFT. Is that true?
Yes, let's recap - You're not going on holiday this year🤪

Back