Holidaying abroad this year

So, off to Spain for long weekend 8th October. All I need to do is lateral flow test 2 days after getting back, is that correct? We are both double jabbed, one of my jabs was the Indian oxford jab, is that anything of concern now?

Flew back to the UK for a week last week. Just had to book that day 2 and 8 tests (£100) then do another antigen test before I returned to Italy. Lots of thorough checks on the way to the UK. Nowt on the way back to Italy, didn't have to show my negative antigen test or anything.
Did you have to do day 8 as not vaccinated? I'm in Italy now and they weren't really fussed at the border just glanced at documents to see we had some. Most places have asked for green pass but quite a few don't bother even asking. I'd rather eat and drink outside anyway

So, off to Spain for long weekend 8th October. All I need to do is lateral flow test 2 days after getting back, is that correct? We are both double jabbed, one of my jabs was the Indian oxford jab, is that anything of concern now?
The Indian vaccine isn't an issue for travel to Spain - my missus was in the same boat and they never even checked, just that you were double-vaccinated.

If you're doing a long weekend from October 8th I think you'll still need to do a PCR test 2 days after you return to the UK. I don't think it changes to a LFT until later in the month, date TBC.

So they’ve simplified the travel restriction rules. I’m/you’re no longer required to take the predeparture (to the U.K.) tests - that I’ve already paid for!!

And from the end of October the type of test I/you need to take after two days back in the U.K. will be the cheaper variety. Except I return in 24th October.

Some twat up there dislikes me a bit.

Not worth risking really. I'll order me tests this weekend.
Still need to do the day 2 PCR until the end of October - when it will be replaced with a LFT. When I first sat the announcement I thought that was scrapped from 4th - so wondered if as I fly in on 3rd then day 2 is 5th I might have not had to do that. But still do and the pre-departure obviously.

Fuck it, still got 9 days in Spain to look forward too :cool:
The weather is still good ahora, things are chilled in rules terms as well as the numbers are low. Most people around here are still wearing masks out and about but it's not obligatory. Enjoy yourself.
Shhhhush. Just don't mention it. Is anyone looking that close ? Have a lovely long weekend.
The Indian vaccine isn't an issue for travel to Spain - my missus was in the same boat and they never even checked, just that you were double-vaccinated.

If you're doing a long weekend from October 8th I think you'll still need to do a PCR test 2 days after you return to the UK. I don't think it changes to a LFT until later in the month, date TBC.
There you are.

Last edited:
Some of the test results don't t come back for days. Are you meant to isolate till you get the result? Can't see the point if you don't isolate till you get the all clear.

It really seems like te system is there to keep society happy but they realised very quickly it was totally impractical. Never been said you should isolate, but if you were a'risk' then it's logical. We had one guest phone them and after 30 minutes was told to not worry about it!

Back