HMRC Benton Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard there are several sites bidding for this all competing with one another. One site being on the wear but now Sunderland. I guess the main issue will be deliverability by a given date and flexibility to meet how the civil service working practices will change. Guess they had a plan pre-Covid but a completely new one now.

I wouldn't have thought much will change, and I guess that the business model currently in the process of being implemented will fit quite well with a post-COVID environment. The overall plan for HMRC has been to close all the provincial offices and operate from about 10-15 'regional centres' located in the usual cities. The idea being that there's only about 50-60% capacity at these centres, so working from home at least part of the time was something that people were going to have to get used to pre-COVID.

Why dont they build a multi storey car park and solve all these problems?

Tried in the past, I believe. No capacity for further traffic in the area so didn't get planning permission. Bearing in mind you've got the Freeman next door with a multi-storey already, a couple of schools nearby, and the Quorum just down the road.

I wouldn't have thought much will change, and I guess that the business model currently in the process of being implemented will fit quite well with a post-COVID environment. The overall plan for HMRC has been to close all the provincial offices and operate from about 10-15 'regional centres' located in the usual cities. The idea being that there's only about 50-60% capacity at these centres, so working from home at least part of the time was something that people were going to have to get used to pre-COVID.

fair enough I don’t know enough about their working practices and wondered whether they’d need as much space as they originally planned.

I heard there are several sites bidding for this all competing with one another. One site being on the wear but now Sunderland. I guess the main issue will be deliverability by a given date and flexibility to meet how the civil service working practices will change. Guess they had a plan pre-Covid but a completely new one now.
That should have read *not sunderland

If leases are allowed to expire there will be an office North of the Tyne as now and a further transitional site South of the Tyne ( Washington mention rather than Sunderland)

Why do you think pay reform is suggesting evening and weekend working ?
An obvious way of fitting more staff into over capacity offices.
Indeed Jim Harra mentioned months ago
" we have nice new modern offices standing empty on evenings and weekends" :rolleyes:

That's been a long time coming, When I was offered one of the Compliance jobs in BPV it had weekend and evening working on, Personally the Evenings don't bother me, I normally worked till half 6-7 when I was on Teesside and that was only because the trains were every hour but it's an hour and a bit back to mine from there. Did the weekends when I was on the phones back when I started 1 in 2 and a late monday with 1 in 4 Friday lates.

I dread to think what comes out of those discussions everyone I know is resigned to restrictions on flexi and losing some Priv leave.

Tried in the past, I believe. No capacity for further traffic in the area so didn't get planning permission. Bearing in mind you've got the Freeman next door with a multi-storey already, a couple of schools nearby, and the Quorum just down the road.
I think Freeman still have the block next to exit for staff too. Is it block N?

I'll be honest, I think I might have to turn this job down. :lol:

I could park at Heworth and get the metro in, but that'd be driving almost an hour to then get a 15-minute train. It just doesn't seem worth it for a very small increase in pay. Currently I am WFH, but usually I drive 30-40 mins door to door.

Anyone know how long it normally takes to hear back about an application.
Been over 2 weeks since I sent in.

I did a recruitment a while ago and to sift the initial applications and decide on interview or not took about two weeks after the closing date. Often people have to sift around normal working requirements and you need a panel etc so it can take quite a while depending on of applicants

I did a recruitment a while ago and to sift the initial applications and decide on interview or not took about two weeks after the closing date. Often people have to sift around normal working requirements and you need a panel etc so it can take quite a while depending on of applicants
Cheers so nothing out of the ordinary

I could park at Heworth and get the metro in, but that'd be driving almost an hour to then get a 15-minute train. It just doesn't seem worth it for a very small increase in pay. Currently I am WFH, but usually I drive 30-40 mins door to door.

Take it mate, it's a great place to work if you want a good career, loads of opportunity if you want to progress, and you'll probably be able to work from home anyway.

Sent you a PM mate.

Take it mate, it's a great place to work if you want a good career, loads of opportunity if you want to progress, and you'll probably be able to work from home anyway.
Agree , try and get into compliance , if you are hard working and want to get on you could do well , in fact there were two fuckwits who couldn't do admin jobs but bullshitted their way up to g7 , overall i enjoyed working at Longbenton , mainly drinking in the millstone on a Friday

Tbh, the commute, when I've had to do it, isn't bad. When I've needed to be there I can get on metro at South hylton and be walking in doors 50 mins later on a good day.
Fortunately I dont do that every day (yet) to face the daily metro trials :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back