HMRC Benton Park

Any parking for staff? Just got myself a job offer, no start date for the time being but it only now occurred to me that I don't know the area at all. It's already a canny long commute so it'd be a bit of a ballache if I had to also get a metro or something.

Any parking for staff? Just got myself a job offer, no start date for the time being but it only now occurred to me that I don't know the area at all. It's already a canny long commute so it'd be a bit of a ballache if I had to also get a metro or something.
When i was there it was 10 years service for a car pass , in march there was less than 1000 on site so it may have changed, car parks at 4 lane ends , newton pub car park or chance it on Longbenton estate

I wouldn't chance it, most of it is permit only and the wardens do actually get around.
Good advice , 4 lane ends is cheap parking
What job have you been offered

Fwiw OP - the Metro is canny convenient, basically right opposite, and may actually be a lot better than driving given the traffic. Depending on whether you live near enough one I'd seriously consider it.

I worked at BPV years ago. Used to be a minimum amount of service to get a pass with so many people on site (not just HMRC). They were supposed to be changing the criteria for that just before Corona took over. Would imagine the bays are half empty atm.

I wouldn't chance parking on the nearby estates though, which are permit holders only. Four Lane Ends car park or park up at a metro station (extra cost) and metro in maybe. Traffic could be a ball-ache getting there at certain times as well.

I worked at BPV years ago. Used to be a minimum amount of service to get a pass with so many people on site (not just HMRC). They were supposed to be changing the criteria for that just before Corona took over. Would imagine the bays are half empty atm.

I wouldn't chance parking on the nearby estates though, which are permit holders only. Four Lane Ends car park or park up at a metro station (extra cost) and metro in maybe. Traffic could be a ball-ache getting there at certain times as well.

It is. I used to do some consulting work there and leaving in a cab was horrendous at times.

Think you need to have started before 2001 to have a full parking pass. With the off peak pass you can usually park on site after 11am

Most people park at four lane ends and walk down to work or park in the restricted streets around the site and go and bring there car on site around 11am.

They are changing the way you get a pass soon going on a points basis but i think this was put on hold due to covid.

Last edited:
Have you received the Bike Voucher promised during the Government propaganda broadcasts earlier this year?

if so, bike it in.

Goes on years service I believe. If you’ve not been in the CS over 10 years you’ll be lucky to get on site at all.

not any more..,there has been a long running review ( on hold due to Covid)
Going to be a points based system based on caring responsibilities and distance from the office
Exclusion zones for people within a certain area of the office.

same review being done at WVP
Length of service deemed discriminatory

not any more..,there has been a long running review ( on hold due to Covid)
Going to be a points based system based on caring responsibilities and distance from the office
Exclusion zones for people within a certain area of the office.

same review being done at WVP
Length of service deemed discriminatory

Canny that mind. I’m based at TVP and it’s still years service, I’ve not been in the office since March 16th mind.

Park at one of the park and rides south of the Tyne and get the metro in.

stop adding to the pollution over here you selfish twat.:lol:

Fuckers are desperate to get that congestion charge in place due to all the work day trippers clogging up the central motorway

Canny that mind. I’m based at TVP and it’s still years service, I’ve not been in the office since March 16th mind.

A national car parking policy is coming in next year as well but given the new regional centres have virtually no parking given they’re newly built in city centres it’s not an issue.
The biggest two car parks will be BPV and WVP given they’re existing offices in out of town sites
If the OP has a long commute he may well be entitled to a full pass ...

also heavily incentivising car sharing

Aren’t they reviewing the long Benton site and looking at relocating into Newcastle city centre?

Lease is up and think it’s a negotiation tactic with landlord....mind that was before covid
if more WFH etc they may genuinely look elsewhere ( doubt it personally)

Back