Having a pop at the Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
People forget that the club was in a right mess at beginning of last season. In preseason games we struggled to field a team and in an ideal world if we had got rid of all high earners quickly would have been able to recruit a really good side from scratch. As it was we had to cobble a side together until our financial side was settled. In the circumstances to finish fifth was creditable and to lose in play off final was unfortunate. People should realise that we were close to the situation Bury and Bolton are in and realise we have come back from the brink with no right to expect promotion as a right.

It is acceptable, everyone has an opinion at the end of the day.
There is an old saying - ‘Opinions are like arseholes - everybody has got one, but they don’t necessarily need to be aired in public’.

That said, the purpose of a message board is to share views and discuss and disagree if the posters so choose. The art of persuasion through reasoned argument - the very definition of Pure Football !

You wouldn't be saying this had Rochdale put away those chances at the end ! Other teams will and the current goodwill will quickly evaporate
Looking at the late chances and the way teams showed how to beat us by the end of last season, e,g, Fleetwood, it shows that the same mistakes are carrying on. We have learned nothing, we got lucky but what are we going to do about it? Is it a fitness problem? Why, too much inattention to detail in this management team???

comes across as dour imo mate and he chooses to be dour anarl. I'm well within me rights to criticise him imo mate
Dour, you say ? Well he deserves to be sacked immediately ! Going around being all dour, indeed, when he should be having a laugh and proving he is ‘one of the lads’.

It is to be hoped that it will be a contractual term for the next one through the revolving door that he must be permanently smiling and throwing in an occasional joke.

Is it really acceptable and can it also be justified, that people have a pop at any team manager/coach having won his/hers last three games. I personally think not, Thoughts!
There’s always a different spin you can put on things. Fans can be upset at the performances over the 90 minutes. You could argue that they were lucky results but 3 wins on the trot and unbeaten says a lot but then again Bury are unbeaten.

Forget the manager...if Stevie Wonder was attending our games over the last 6 months even himself would be doing his shake of the head.

Is it really acceptable and can it also be justified, that people have a pop at any team manager/coach having won his/hers last three games. I personally think not, Thoughts!

Thoughts? I think you're looking at this in isolation, that's your problem. The fans that are frustrated and concerned about Ross's ability to achieve promotion aren't basing this opinion on the five games we've played this season alone, they're factoring in our poor performances last season, Ross's inability to win games/change games, the failures at Wembley and our poor start against Oxford.

Accrington aside, none of our performances so far this season have been convincing.

I thought that would have been pretty obvious.

Dour, you say ? Well he deserves to be sacked immediately ! Going around being all dour, indeed, when he should be having a laugh and proving he is ‘one of the lads’.

It is to be hoped that it will be a contractual term for the next one through the revolving door that he must be permanently smiling and throwing in an occasional joke.
i wadn't gan that far mate. there's a time and a place for shenanigans and antics of that sort imo

You can't knock his record but some of his team selections last season and subs take some working out....think he could be stubborn as a player he spat the dummy at 'pools

It’s the worrying signs though. Yesterday we allowed both Henderson and Andrew free headers in the dying embers of the game .... and would there have been many positives to take from the match had we drawn it ? we do need to start taking games by the scruff of the neck. Hopefully that will start on Saturday

While I agree that we would not have been happy at all with a draw. Is it not the sign of a good team to win games when not playing well?

Although I am a fan of Ross and think he will take us up I can understand why he puts fans on edge as we do need to start putting games to bed early to prevent us getting nervy in the closing minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back