Having a pop at the Manager

Angmering

Central Defender
Is it really acceptable and can it also be justified, that people have a pop at any team manager/coach having won his/hers last three games. I personally think not, Thoughts!

It’s the worrying signs though. Yesterday we allowed both Henderson and Andrew free headers in the dying embers of the game .... and would there have been many positives to take from the match had we drawn it ? we do need to start taking games by the scruff of the neck. Hopefully that will start on Saturday

You wouldn't be saying this had Rochdale put away those chances at the end ! Other teams will and the current goodwill will quickly evaporate

Think your missing the point TS, they didn’t so I’m not dealing in fairytales. Do you personally think it’s warranted. Forget that we may well get beat next game and then it’s business as usual I suspect for some on here, I’m interested in the points and circumstances I’ve stated.
comes across as dour imo mate and he chooses to be dour anarl. I'm well within me rights to criticise him imo mate

At this precise time GG is my point, do you think you have the right at this moment in time.
Remember when Royal Engineers had just beat Old Etonians 5-0 and the Engineer fans were complaining in the Pickwick Paper about the manager not been good enough. Mind Queen Victoria was not amused.

Forgive me mate I don’t 😀

Last edited:
Think your missing the point TS, they didn’t so I’m not dealing in fairytales. Do you personally think it’s warranted. Forget that we may well get beat next game and then it’s business as usual I suspect for some on here, I’m interested in the points and circumstances I’ve stated.

At this precise time GG is my point, do you think you have the right at this moment in time.

Forgive me mate I don’t 😀
having just wetched his post match mumbling on safc.com aye mate. aye. now.

It’s the worrying signs though. Yesterday we allowed both Henderson and Andrew free headers in the dying embers of the game .... and would there have been many positives to take from the match had we drawn it ? we do need to start taking games by the scruff of the neck. Hopefully that will start on Saturday

Ifs and buts.

The main thing is we won even though we played poorly and that’s not necessarily a bad trait for a team to have.

People also seem to be giving Rochdale absolutely no credit for their performance either.

Well I'm in Ross in Camp but think others are perfectly entitled to think otherwise even after 3 straight victories, I disagree with them and I dont really expect them to suddenly change their minds from Ross Out to Ross In just after 3 straight victories.

Ifs and buts.

The main thing is we won even though we played poorly and that’s not necessarily a bad trait for a team to have.

People also seem to be giving Rochdale absolutely no credit for their performance either.
It’s not a bad trait but it only goes so far .... we have to take games by the scruff of the neck especially at home.

its perfectly acceptable to discuss the match, our tactics, individual performances, the opposition etc.. whether they be in praise, or criticism, or somewhere in the great grey area between the two

problem is with posts like the OP, and many other dimwits, is that things always need to appear black and white, either clap or boo, think we are amazing or proper shit. then there is the majority of normal posters who just like to discuss the game, the manager etc... positives AND negatives.

and last night there were plenty of both. the scoreline shouldnt dictate which ones we can talk about

its perfectly acceptable to discuss the match, our tactics, individual performances, the opposition etc.. whether they be in praise, or criticism, or somewhere in the great grey area between the two

problem is with posts like the OP, and many other dimwits, is that things always need to appear black and white, either clap or boo, think we are amazing or proper shit. then there is the majority of normal posters who just like to discuss the game, the manager etc... positives AND negatives.

and last night there were plenty of both. the scorelines shouldnt dictate which ones we can talk about

They should you haute fuckwit, I’m neither clapping or booing but simply interested in the general consensus having won three games on the bounce, a big difference to the singular.

They should you haute fuckwit, I’m neither clapping or booing but simply interested in the general consensus having won three games on the bounce, a big difference to the singular.

depends what you define as 'having a pop'. is it ok to say that i thought he played the best 11 he could, we passed it around in spells pretty good, i thought the mcgeouch sub was wrong, i think a willis has been an excellent signing, and mclaughlin a poor one so far, especially playing him out of position. i think the first two games of the season were absolutely dreadful for all concerned, but the attitude against porstmouth and rochdale was brilliant - although the performances in all 4 games haven't been great in general. reasonably happy with 8 points from 4, i still think that we are a fannies hair away from losing a match.

is that 'having a pop' ?

depends what you define as 'having a pop'. is it ok to say that i thought he played the best 11 he could, we passed it around in spells pretty good, i thought the mcgeouch sub was wrong, i think a willis has been an excellent signing, and mclaughlin a poor one so far, especially playing him out of position. i think the first two games of the season were absolutely dreadful for all concerned, but the attitude against porstmouth and rochdale was brilliant - although the performances in all 4 games haven't been great in general. reasonably happy with 8 points from 4, i still think that we are a fannies hair away from losing a match.

is that 'having a pop' ?

My definition are the Ross out brigade having a pop even after three straight wins. I’m fully appreciative of any form constructive criticism or applause pre or post match like your latter post eludes too. My point was to find if boundaries and parameters should possibly exist in a maximum series of results scenario.

having just wetched his post match mumbling on safc.com aye mate. aye. now.
I refuse to watch the pressas mate.
went off them with Moyes
even if we win I don't need to hear a load of words tbh. Actions speak louder imo
My definition are the Ross out brigade having a pop even after three straight wins. I’m fully appreciative of any form constructive criticism or applause pre or post match like your latter post eludes too. My point was to find if boundaries and parameters should possibly exist in a maximum series of results scenario.
No offence but your first sentence makes no sense

Just take it to the extreme.
What if we win every game 1-0 yet don't actually do anything with the ball, but for some reason the opposition keep scoring own goals.
We don't have a shot and barely touch the ball in opposition half, we have 50 shots against us and are generally playing really badly, yet we win somehow.
Would it be ok to say that we were playing badly and the the manager might not be great or because we are winning that its all ok and nothing can be said?

As has been said above nothing is ever black and white and its clear we haven't been playing well so far this year. We are all waiting for us to kick on as we can see it work in fits and starts.

So yes I believe you can criticise a manger after winning 3 games on the bounce.

Last edited:

Back