Have you had Coronavirus?

Have you had Coronavirus - Early October.

• I had a positive Covid-19 test.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • I think so, but don't have a test to show.

Votes: 103 20.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 90 18.1%
  • I've had a cold since the pandemic.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • I'm sure I haven't had COVID-19.

Votes: 177 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Went to sleep with a wet tea towel on my head and a fan on in the room (was OK as the wife is in the other room, so not spreading germs) and got nearly 6 hrs of sleep.

Its amazing how human you feel with a better sleep.

Its taken so much out of me, mentally and physically, lost nearly a stone, as I've lost all taste, so everything tastes of nothing, and got no appetite anyway.

Get well soon.
I am tapping dancing around the life versus death line due to sepsis. Sitting here in a pool of sweat and not slept in 3 days.
The lumbar puncture was a fun exercise too.

It's not your temperature - Charlie Wyke really did score this afternoon 😁

Get well soon 😘

Last edited by a moderator:
Went to sleep with a wet tea towel on my head and a fan on in the room (was OK as the wife is in the other room, so not spreading germs) and got nearly 6 hrs of sleep.

Its amazing how human you feel with a better sleep.

Its taken so much out of me, mentally and physically, lost nearly a stone, as I've lost all taste, so everything tastes of nothing, and got no appetite anyway.

Yeah I can just repeat what everyone else has said, plenty of rest and fluids until the temperature comes down. I lost weight too as all I ate was toast for about a week. Didnt want to waste any nice tasting food if I couldnt taste it anyway :lol:
Both my wife and I have had positive tests this week. It’s frightening and frigging awful. 7 days in and still feel like shit.

Took me about 10 days to start to feel normal enough that I could go in the garden. By day 7 all I could do was get out of bed for 5 minutes to stand at the front door for some fresh air.
Get well soon.
I am tapping dancing around the life versus death line due to sepsis. Sitting here in a pool of sweat and not slept in 3 days.
The lumbar puncture was a fun exercise too.

Sounds awful that, hope you are feeling better soon.

Last edited:
How are @Clean Bristow @tripper and @snipes doing today ? xx Hope you're on the mend now too @Hend79 xx

Not bad, had to have another Dr appointment on Saturday though as Ive started to get a bit breathless every now and then. Also had to speak about my mental health as now that things are calming down a bit after my Dad passed away, my Mam is starting to get back to something of a normal routine and im not running around as much helping her with things so I think its starting to hit me now, havent been myself the last couple of weeks and Ive been a bit ratty with people which isnt like me.

Dr was really good, told me not to put pressure on myself or to let anyone else put pressure on me and not to have any high expectations of me being 100% better immediatly, he said it can take at least 6/7 weeks to get fully over it.

I'm doing ok. Am at the cough stage now, this is day 7 since symptoms. Had a good sleep last night. I fell into the same trap as @Hend79 - you think you feel a bit better, so the high expectations take over, then BOOM.
Just need to take every day as it comes. Thanks for the kind words and support.

My fever lasted about 5/6 days, the first couple of nights were awful, my lass said I just tossed and turned all night and I was burning hot. I cant remember any of it as I must have been delirious. All you can do is take each day as it comes mate, it will get better.

Much much better here .

Started to feel human again a day or so ago and other than a dull headache and loss of smell I’m pretty much as I was. My wife is still tired but slowly getting better too. 👍🏻

almost 4 weeks ago my symptoms started, still not got my smell back properly.

Is everything else ok ? I lost taste too but that’s returned a little .
Yeah, I lost taste but that’s back just the smell, it’s a bit better but not back fully.
Still a bit blocked up (comes and goes) and at the minute I feel like my right ear is blocked not sure if it’s connected to the virus or not. Sometimes after a virus it’s happens apparently. I don’t think it’s wax build up.

Still feeling tired today but managed a workout at the gym last night, still getting the odd spell of breathlessness but I feel a bit better today I think. Im back at work but just on shortened hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back