Have you had Coronavirus?

Have you had Coronavirus - Early October.

• I had a positive Covid-19 test.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • I think so, but don't have a test to show.

Votes: 103 20.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 90 18.1%
  • I've had a cold since the pandemic.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • I'm sure I haven't had COVID-19.

Votes: 177 35.5%

• Total voters

daveydavey

Striker
Answer to the poll above and let's compare near Christmas.
Mods: I think the options are OK but please amend if by popular consent they should be.
Early lead is "I think so , but don't have the test to show" - why?

(Not having a go at anyone)

Last edited:

I had symptoms after close contact with someone who tested positive.
Tested negative though. No NHS tests, had to pay privately but peace of mind so wasn't bothered.

I didn’t know anyone that tested positive for it first time around, this time I seem to know quite a few.

My other half is a nurse so I’m more or less certain it’s coming my way at som3 stage but so far, so good.

I had a horrible episode back in April that made me bed bound and struggling to breathe. Only lasted about ten hours mind but it was horrible. Since then I have lived in the house with my grown up daughter who had a positive test a few weeks back. We all went up to Consett in the car together and three of us got tested, me my wife and my daughter, my daughter was positive and me and my wife were negative. We went up in the same car and came back in the same car without masks until we got to the testing centre.

Neither me or my wife tested positive or have had any symptoms despite being in the car for over an hour with someone who definately had it. I am convinced now my experience in April was the virus but there were no tests at that point.

Tested positive at the end of may

Thought I had it in feb as I had the same symptoms as I did in may but must have just been flu

Tested positive Tuesday.

I agree with some of the posters in this thread definitely seems more prominent in the north east now than it did in March/April.

As daft as it sounds, I'm either "not sure" or "sure I haven't".

Whilst I haven't had anything I'd consider major symptoms, there's still a chance I might have had it. So I went "not sure".

Answer to the poll above and let's compare near Christmas.
Mods: I think the options are OK but please amend if by popular consent they should be.
Early lead is "I think so , but don't have the test to show" - why?

(Not having a go at anyone)
Me and our lass were both ill at the same time back in April. She had a test at the time and it was negative (although she did struggle with the test a bit, plus she didnt get one until 3 weeks after her symptoms started). A few weeks later though and she had an antibody test and she's got the antibodies.

Mentioned it before on here but I came back from Malaga in mid Feb and was fucked for a couple of days after. My SATS were lower than should be but all other symptoms pointed towards food poisoning. Never gave it much more thought until I found out three other people who were with us had exactly the same symptoms as me and these symptoms were staring to be reported in the media. None of us had a test although I was asked by my GP at the time if I'd had any of the three main symptoms.

Since then I know of two people who've tested positive and they both had the exact same symptoms as me. I've also seen people on here, and other forums, who've tested positive suffering from the same symptoms too.

Came back from Austria in Feb after a weeks skiing and didn’t feel well for a few days ,almost identical as per @The Lambton Worm post.

Put it down to a heavy week of exercise/ drink and a winter cold.

Never been tested or even been to the GP.

Had a test and antibodies test, both negative.

Colds and the like usually affect me badly and I end up with quite long-lasting bad coughs. Had one in March and one in early September.

Had a test and antibodies test, both negative.

Colds and the like usually affect me badly and I end up with quite long-lasting bad coughs. Had one in March and one in early September.

I normally catch a cold and develop a cough around this time of year which can last for months but I have been lucky so far, fingers crossed

Don’t think I’ve had it , had a couple of days where I’ve felt like shit but not with any of the listed symptoms.
Am finding there are far more people I know are testing positive this time round

Back