Have you had Coronavirus?

Have you had Coronavirus - Early October.

• I had a positive Covid-19 test.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • I think so, but don't have a test to show.

Votes: 103 20.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 90 18.1%
  • I've had a cold since the pandemic.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • I'm sure I haven't had COVID-19.

Votes: 177 35.5%

• Total voters

Don't want to intrude but is she doing ok now ?
Both been out of hospital about two weeks now. Step dad's ok, doesn't require help with breathing, but me mam's on 4 litres of oxygen via a nasal cannula 24/7. We're waiting on the GP to give her some kind of plan to wean her off it - she's had to ring them this morning and apparently the GP has her scheduled for a call tomorrow. :rolleyes: The handover from the hospital to the GP has been piss poor to be honest and precious little after care for me mam. Things like the oximeter for instance - we were under the impression she'd be provided with one given her condition etc, only to later be told once she was already home that they're "£20 in Argos". Paying for it isn't the issue, but had I known sooner I could have bought one ready.

Both are understandably knackered, and it's taking some time them re-adjusting to being back home after a good month plus in hospital. Anxiety seems a massive issue for me mam, as well as what seems to be a bit of 'covid fog' - she struggles to think clearly, or get her words out, and this exasperates the anxiety, which causes issues with the breathing. I think the whole experience is playing on her mind as well - being in hospital, the indignity of it, the fact we went close to losing her etc.. I think she finds the whole thing deeply upsetting. When she can work through all that though she's quite bright and seems herself, it's just getting her out of that vicious cycle.

Still a good way to go I expect but touch wood at least we're on the right road.

All in all it's been a hell of time. I had a week off last week and I think must have needed the rest as the whole thing has had me exhausted and I haven't even had the bugger meself.

I wouldn't wish all this on anyone, but at the same time it could have been worse. I hope everyone facing this either themselves or loved ones come through ok. And if anyone wants to talk over any of what they're going through away from the madness on here feel free to PM me.

Both been out of hospital about two weeks now. Step dad's ok, doesn't require help with breathing, but me mam's on 4 litres of oxygen via a nasal cannula 24/7. We're waiting on the GP to give her some kind of plan to wean her off it - she's had to ring them this morning and apparently the GP has her scheduled for a call tomorrow. :rolleyes: The handover from the hospital to the GP has been piss poor to be honest and precious little after care for me mam. Things like the oximeter for instance - we were under the impression she'd be provided with one given her condition etc, only to later be told once she was already home that they're "£20 in Argos". Paying for it isn't the issue, but had I known sooner I could have bought one ready.

Both are understandably knackered, and it's taking some time them re-adjusting to being back home after a good month plus in hospital. Anxiety seems a massive issue for me mam, as well as what seems to be a bit of 'covid fog' - she struggles to think clearly, or get her words out, and this exasperates the anxiety, which causes issues with the breathing. I think the whole experience is playing on her mind as well - being in hospital, the indignity of it, the fact we went close to losing her etc.. I think she finds the whole thing deeply upsetting. When she can work through all that though she's quite bright and seems herself, it's just getting her out of that vicious cycle.

Still a good way to go I expect but touch wood at least we're on the right road.

All in all it's been a hell of time. I had a week off last week and I think must have needed the rest as the whole thing has had me exhausted and I haven't even had the bugger meself.

I wouldn't wish all this on anyone, but at the same time it could have been worse. I hope everyone facing this either themselves or loved ones come through ok. And if anyone wants to talk over any of what they're going through away from the madness on here feel free to PM me.
Lovely post Chris, much love and positive vibes to you, your mam and step dad on what has been a very frightening time for you all xx

f***ing hell mate. What an ordeal. I lost my mam to pneumonia last year, and was with her till the end - an experience that’s affected me deeply.

feared the absolute worst when my dad came down with virus last week, and ended up ringing 999. Since then I’m pleased to say he’s proper bounced back. Stressful emotional time.

mind he’s got me running all over the place now.Sainsbury’s for this Tesco for that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

couldn’t care less. We’ve been lucky with him.

f***ing hell mate. What an ordeal. I lost my mam to pneumonia last year, and was with her till the end - an experience that’s affected me deeply.

feared the absolute worst when my dad came down with virus last week, and ended up ringing 999. Since then I’m pleased to say he’s proper bounced back. Stressful emotional time.

mind he’s got me running all over the place now.Sainsbury’s for this Tesco for that :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: This carry on seemed a right chore earlier in the year, now I'm glad to be able to do it! Pleased he's on the mend marra.

So glad he's on the mend and seemingly getting back to his old self - much love to you all xx

It's a week since my daughter who lives with us tested positive.
My wife and I tested negative a few days later.
We both had very mild symptoms so the result surprised me.
It's been a long week isolating and keeping apart, constantly sanitizing etc, but we'll get through it.

Back