Have you had Coronavirus?

Have you had Coronavirus - Early October.

• I had a positive Covid-19 test.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • I think so, but don't have a test to show.

Votes: 103 20.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 90 18.1%
  • I've had a cold since the pandemic.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • I'm sure I haven't had COVID-19.

Votes: 177 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Daughter has just had text to say she has tested positive.
Booked tests for me and my wife tomorrow morning.
Only concern is my elderly mother in law who is the only person in our bubble.
Everyone feeling ok otherwise so not too worried at this stage.

Been a very difficult day today. Pain is unreal, but I’ve managed to sleep most of the afternoon / evening. Just wide awake now but felt I’ve had that little sleep I just had to take what I could when I felt I could fall asleep.

Probably just in my head, but I keep finding myself ‘missing a breath’ - full on panic now that I’m going to end up with breathing difficulty. Just trying to keep hydrated, take tablets to manage the pain and rest as much as possible.

Been a very difficult day today. Pain is unreal, but I’ve managed to sleep most of the afternoon / evening. Just wide awake now but felt I’ve had that little sleep I just had to take what I could when I felt I could fall asleep.

Probably just in my head, but I keep finding myself ‘missing a breath’ - full on panic now that I’m going to end up with breathing difficulty. Just trying to keep hydrated, take tablets to manage the pain and rest as much as possible.
It must be a mare, are you getting any medical help at all ?

An oximeter would put your mind at rest and give you a warning if you need to seek help.

It must be a mare, are you getting any medical help at all ?

At the minute no, my symptoms are currently just aches and pains, and as I say I think I’ve just convinced myself about the breathing thing. It’s bloody awful
An oximeter would put your mind at rest and give you a warning if you need to seek help.

I was looking at those earlier, may invest just to put my mind at ease slightly

At the minute no, my symptoms are currently just aches and pains, and as I say I think I’ve just convinced myself about the breathing thing. It’s bloody awful

I was looking at those earlier, may invest just to put my mind at ease slightly
Best wishes mate. Oximeter is a good shout.

If you do have trouble with breating there are some breathing exercises you can do that help bring the phlegm up

Also when laying in bed lay on your front or side, keep off you back as much as possible. And try and get out of bed and sit up.

I got the all-clear to leave quarantine on Friday. Had it quite heavy at the start, massive migraine (kind of like a bad hangover), blocked upper sinuses, nasty cough, lost my taste and smell at the start of my symptoms showing. My lass also had it but only had a small fever, lost her taste and smell and had a sore throat. Both now clear which is a relief, at one point my oxygen levels were dropping so was worried I’d have to go to hospital, thankfully that was the last bad day and now been healthy for the last few days. And today I’ve had my first taste of coffee in 2 weeks :cool: I’m only in my mid-20s and healthy so thankfully I was in a decent position to beat this shit. Stay safe out there everybody, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
Also: if you lose your taste and smell try and “train” it back up again by smelling the strongest things you have lying about every day, apparently that helps.

I got the all-clear to leave quarantine on Friday. Had it quite heavy at the start, massive migraine (kind of like a bad hangover), blocked upper sinuses, nasty cough, lost my taste and smell at the start of my symptoms showing. My lass also had it but only had a small fever, lost her taste and smell and had a sore throat. Both now clear which is a relief, at one point my oxygen levels were dropping so was worried I’d have to go to hospital, thankfully that was the last bad day and now been healthy for the last few days. And today I’ve had my first taste of coffee in 2 weeks :cool: I’m only in my mid-20s and healthy so thankfully I was in a decent position to beat this shit. Stay safe out there everybody, I wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy.
Also: if you lose your taste and smell try and “train” it back up again by smelling the strongest things you have lying about every day, apparently that helps.
Are the taste and smell coming back. Missus has lost hers and it’s driving me batty her asking me to check if I can smell the things she can’t :lol:

I was lucky and either completely asymptomatic or didn’t notice the symptoms.

Are the taste and smell coming back. Missus has lost hers and it’s driving me batty her asking me to check if I can smell the things she can’t :lol:

Lost my smell and pretty much all of my taste yesterday. I’ve had no appetite for a week now, forcing myself to eat a slice of toast or a biscuit just so I’m actually eating something. Yesterday our lass made a sausage casserole, and for the 1st time I actually felt hungry and was looking forward to it. Sat down to eat it and my smell and taste had gone :lol: Gutted isn’t the word!!

It’s slowly coming back, unfortunately my lass lost hers as well so we’re both guessing whether milk or veg have gone off. That led to a minging incident on Friday, turns out you can still taste milk being off even if you can’t smell it :lol:

It’s slowly coming back, unfortunately my lass lost hers as well so we’re both guessing whether milk or veg have gone off. That led to a minging incident on Friday, turns out you can still taste milk being off even if you can’t smell it :lol:
Sorry but :lol: :lol:

She’d kill me for telling this one but I made a curry last night which she couldn’t taste and was more spicy than she can usually handle. All I’ll say is she found out just how spicy it was earlier today instead.

Last edited:
Sorry but :lol: :lol:

She’d kill me for telling this one but I made a curry last night which she couldn’t taste and was more spicy than she can usually handle. All I’ll say is she found out just how spicy it was earlier today instead.
:lol::lol:
Yeah I was vomiting for a wee while after that, bloody disgusting :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back