Have you had Coronavirus?

Have you had Coronavirus - Early October.

• I had a positive Covid-19 test.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • I think so, but don't have a test to show.

Votes: 103 20.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 90 18.1%
  • I've had a cold since the pandemic.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • I'm sure I haven't had COVID-19.

Votes: 177 35.5%

• Total voters

Cheers. Just my niece was there for a test yesterday as well but had received her results, got them now though, negative as well.

My lass’s daughter got sent home from her primary school on Tuesday morning and by Tuesday night had a cough, so just to find out she took her there to the cricket ground for a test yesterday morning as well. Just got a text a couple of hours ago to say it’s positive. We’ve been isolating since Tuesday but that’ll see us through to 1st December now. Surprised it was positive tbh as apart from Tuesday the cough hasn’t been bad, today especially she’s barely coughed. No symptoms for either me or her Mam yet.

forgot to say she got sent home from school due to another kid in the class testing positive so the whole year did.

Last edited:
Absolutely kicked the shit out of me this. Today was supposed to be my 1st day out of isolation and I’ve spent it in bed, other than having to go and checked out at the local walk in.

Absolutely kicked the shit out of me this. Today was supposed to be my 1st day out of isolation and I’ve spent it in bed, other than having to go and checked out at the local walk in.
Have you felt better at all while you’ve had it or has it just been crap all the way through?

Have you felt better at all while you’ve had it or has it just been crap all the way through?

I’ve had a couple of what I would say are alright days - by this I mean I’ve been able to get myself in and out of the shower, make myself a cup of coffee, help the bairn with her school work.

The vast majority of days have been spent sleeping in bed until 11am, before moving downstairs onto the couch where I stay until around 10pm falling to and from sleep. I can’t move on my own, our lass basically runs after me for tablets and fluids and I can’t face eating anything.

Today was a new one, as well as having no energy at all I have developed a ‘smell’ which made me feel physically sick, so ended up sitting with me head down the toilet feeling sick but as I’m not eating there was nothing to bring up.

Our lass insisted on ringing our local GP who also seemed concerned and made me an appointment down Houghton. They did oxygen tests, checked blood pressure and listened to my chest. All fine, which has put my mind at ease slightly. However, they did say that everything I’ve said about smell, aches, lethargy, loss of appetite etc points at long Covid, but they simply do not know enough about Covid or long Covid to be able to diagnose. Different symptoms are hitting different people in different ways and lasting varying times.

In short - it’s a bloody nightmare

I’ve had a couple of what I would say are alright days - by this I mean I’ve been able to get myself in and out of the shower, make myself a cup of coffee, help the bairn with her school work.

The vast majority of days have been spent sleeping in bed until 11am, before moving downstairs onto the couch where I stay until around 10pm falling to and from sleep. I can’t move on my own, our lass basically runs after me for tablets and fluids and I can’t face eating anything.

Today was a new one, as well as having no energy at all I have developed a ‘smell’ which made me feel physically sick, so ended up sitting with me head down the toilet feeling sick but as I’m not eating there was nothing to bring up.

Our lass insisted on ringing our local GP who also seemed concerned and made me an appointment down Houghton. They did oxygen tests, checked blood pressure and listened to my chest. All fine, which has put my mind at ease slightly. However, they did say that everything I’ve said about smell, aches, lethargy, loss of appetite etc points at long Covid, but they simply do not know enough about Covid or long Covid to be able to diagnose. Different symptoms are hitting different people in different ways and lasting varying times.

Jesus that sounds horrendous. The people I know who’ve had it have said it isn’t a linear thing where you get better day on day but that you feel fine one day then shit the next. How long have you had symptoms for?

Big (((hugs))) fella, get well soon xxx
Just had a positive test result back this morning. It was just a matter of time working in a school.
Nightmare, get well soon xxx (comp or primary ?)

Awful reading this mind, rest up and take it easy - take a multivitamin anarl to try and get you levelled out xx

Last edited:
Primary. Thank you x
Eek, I bet it's ripping through primaries but hard to find (my dad was telling me about a kid from my sisters kids school that only found out they had it after going to hospital with summat else - young kids don't get symptoms much by the sounds of things). It's a worry as I have a kid in year 6, I'm also high risk so I'm a bit paranoid about it :confused:.

Jesus that sounds horrendous. The people I know who’ve had it have said it isn’t a linear thing where you get better day on day but that you feel fine one day then shit the next. How long have you had symptoms for?

Started with symptoms on 9th November. Genuinely just felt like a mild cold at 1st. After 2 days it had developed into this.

The good news is this morning is the best I’ve felt since before symptoms started. I’m exhausted from just walking up and down stairs like, but I’ve managed to eat some breadsticks, had some juice, got up with the bairn at 7am so feel a lot brighter. I’m praying it’s the home straight
Big (((hugs))) fella, get well soon xxx

Nightmare, get well soon xxx (comp or primary ?)

Awful reading this mind, rest up and take it easy - take a multivitamin anarl to try and get you levelled out xx

Thank you, means a lot. Currently sat craving a tikka chicken Balti but know as soon as I get one I’ll not want it. So sticking with breadsticks!

Last edited:
Answer to the poll above and let's compare near Christmas.
Mods: I think the options are OK but please amend if by popular consent they should be.
Early lead is "I think so , but don't have the test to show" - why?

(Not having a go at anyone)
I thought I had it at the start of the year as I had a terribly persistent cough with fever and was getting night sweats also, had a test up at Dalton Park which was negative and then went for an antibody test through Sainsbury's which was also negative - I've bought a home testing kit as I've still got the cough so will do that, send it off and see where we are. I was disappointed when the antibody test came back negative as I was hoping I may have acquired some kind of immunity. Will be 50 next year and have mild asthma so I'm hoping they'll give me the vaccine at some point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Started with symptoms on 9th November. Genuinely just felt like a mild cold at 1st. After 2 days it had developed into this.

The good news is this morning is the best I’ve felt since before symptoms started. I’m exhausted from just walking up and down stairs like, but I’ve managed to eat some breadsticks, had some juice, got up with the bairn at 7am so feel a lot brighter. I’m praying it’s the home straight

Thank you, means a lot. Currently sat craving a tikka chicken Balti but know as soon as I get one I’ll not want it. So sticking with breadsticks!

Got my Balti :lol:

Today has been a good day. Tired, takes me longer to do things, but managed a full day with no sleep

Got my Balti :lol:

Today has been a good day. Tired, takes me longer to do things, but managed a full day with no sleep
Glad to hear you got your balti, did it taste like shite or could you tell it was a balti?
Make sure you're well rested, taking on liquids and taking a multivitamin daily (concentrate on those with decent vitamin d / zinc levels xx).

Glad to hear you got your balti, did it taste like shite or could you tell it was a balti?
Make sure you're well rested, taking on liquids and taking a multivitamin daily (concentrate on those with decent vitamin d / zinc levels xx).

It wasn’t from my usual place, and tasted nowt like what I would it to but it was food, that I managed to eat about 80% of so I’m taking that as a victory after 2 weeks of nibbling on toast :lol:

It wasn’t from my usual place, and tasted nowt like what I would it to but it was food, that I managed to eat about 80% of so I’m taking that as a victory after 2 weeks of nibbling on toast :lol:
I noticed you’d “liked” my comment about what happened to my wife when she tried to have a curry she couldn’t taste. Hope you don’t suffer tomorrow as she did! :lol:

Back