Have you had Coronavirus?

Have you had Coronavirus - Early October.

• I had a positive Covid-19 test.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • I think so, but don't have a test to show.

Votes: 103 20.7%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 90 18.1%
  • I've had a cold since the pandemic.

Votes: 64 12.9%
  • I'm sure I haven't had COVID-19.

Votes: 177 35.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I gave two of my friends a lift home from Newcastle on Friday afternoon and they both got poorly and tested positive the next day. I got the alert from the app just after I went for a test yesterday.

Just this morning I ordered some high quality multivits just in case they help in any way, should arrive in a couple of days.

Fluids and rest I can do too. Any other advice? I haven't kept up to date with home treatments or anything like that.

Vitamin D, some hospitals are giving patients a massive dose intravenously as it takes days to get through the gut and to the kidneys where it produces the active hormone, not suggesting you do that but if you are not already taking at least 10ug/day you could start by taking 100ug/day for a few days and then one 20ug/day

Reactions: mux
Vitamin D, some hospitals are giving patients a massive dose intravenously as it takes days to get through the gut and to the kidneys where it produces the active hormone, not suggesting you do that but if you are not already taking at least 10ug/day you could start by taking 100ug/day for a few days and then one 20ug/day

Multivits should arrive tomorrow but I'll get my pal to get some good vitamin D now. Don't want to take any chances. Cheers mate.

Ive been taking vitamin D tablets like, plus cod liver oil. No idea if they do any good or not.

Ive been taking vitamin D tablets like, plus cod liver oil. No idea if they do any good or not.

Reactions: mux
I thought it was all a load of shite and false and held my hands up now and I apologise after a positive test a few weeks go 5 nights in hospital and wasn’t far off ICU apologises to everyone I’ve doubted.

Massive sorry to snipes god bless.

Why did you think it was a load of shite and false? And what have you learnt from this episode?

Didn’t think it was a bad as people made out thought it was a just get on with it kind of thing.
Life goes on it’s as simple as that.

Not being intentionally rude but you haven’t answered either of my questions.

I asked why did you think it was a load of shite?

Your answer has just reiterated that you thought it was a load of shite.

Didn’t think it was a bad as people made out thought it was a just get on with it kind of thing.
Life goes on it’s as simple as that I’m lucky and grateful for that.
That's what it was for me, i held a continuous cough and tested positive, but aside from the cough I was fine. My opinion didn't change at all from having it, although recent events on the SMB have had an influence.

I got a positive result back yesterday.

Started to feel ill, but my usual October sinusitis type ill, on Monday. No other symptoms at the time. Then Tuesday no smell when I woke up became no taste. Sinuses still sore. So went to get a test.

Im lucky, I’ve no other symptoms and my sinuses are feeling better today. No sense of smell or taste still.

Mrs test was negative despite us being together the last few weeks every day! She’s not annoyed at all about having to isolate longer than me.

After the awful Snipes news you do feel so lucky.

No idea when I’ll have picked it up as the time between infection and symptoms varies so much.

I got a positive result back yesterday.

Started to feel ill, but my usual October sinusitis type ill, on Monday. No other symptoms at the time. Then Tuesday no smell when I woke up became no taste. Sinuses still sore. So went to get a test.

Im lucky, I’ve no other symptoms and my sinuses are feeling better today. No sense of smell or taste still.

Mrs test was negative despite us being together the last few weeks every day! She’s not annoyed at all about having to isolate longer than me.

After the awful Snipes news you do feel so lucky.

No idea when I’ll have picked it up as the time between infection and symptoms varies so much.
I picked it up around mid-september and still don't have my sense of smell back, i can smell the odd thing but mostly it's gone. My taste came back straight away.

Hope you keep well.

I picked it up around mid-september and still don't have my sense of smell back, i can smell the odd thing but mostly it's gone. My taste came back straight away.

Hope you keep well.

Thanks mate.

Taste is the more frustrating loss!

Loss of smell‘s not something I’ve ever had before, despite regularly getting sinus problems. It’s bizarre.

When the mint original source only tingled and didn’t smell I knew something was wrong! Booked the test at 12:25 Tuesday and was sat doing it in the car at 12:45. Worked well. Got results Wednesday evening.

Thanks mate.

Taste is the more frustrating loss!

Loss of smell‘s not something I’ve ever had before, despite regularly getting sinus problems. It’s bizarre.

When the mint original source only tingled and didn’t smell I knew something was wrong! Booked the test at 12:25 Tuesday and was sat doing it in the car at 12:45. Worked well. Got results Wednesday evening.
Keep us updated, i'm sure you'll be fine.

I got a test on Friday evening and didn't get results until Monday lunch time

I've had a test tonight. Tues I started with a high temperature/fever and yesterday and today (Thurs) I've had the shits (sorry) and been off my food. All of that is very unusual for me. No cough and I can still taste/smell. The Mrs is similar to me but no temperature.
If it's a bug, the kids aren't affected by it which is a bit weird.

Anyway, I went online at 645pm and had a test at the drive through at 730pm. Very impressive set up.

Strangely enough both my son and me take vitamin D for gym and had very little illness. The mrs doesn't and she was in bed for 4 days.

Im still having breathing issues, again its not stopping me from doing anything but its just that awful feeling of not being able to catch a deep breath all of the time. I am counting myself incredibly lucky after reading the awful news on here this week.

Im taking vitamin tablets every morning now just to be careful.

Im still having breathing issues, again its not stopping me from doing anything but its just that awful feeling of not being able to catch a deep breath all of the time. I am counting myself incredibly lucky after reading the awful news on here this week.

Im taking vitamin tablets every morning now just to be careful.
Ah man nightmare, take it easy (have you got one of those finger thingy's to read your oxygen/pulse levels?) Can pick 1 up at Amazon for under £20 just to be safe.
Feel better soon fella and all the best xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back