Harry Kane?????

fair comment, I suppose the point I’m trying to make, but badly is that he’s not in form, so expecting a centre forward who is not in form to turn a game which is generating nothing in or around the box is wishful thinking at best.

Gary Linker / Danny Baker podcast covered this. Linkekers opinion was that it didn’t matter at any level, the captains job was to represent the club off the field and with match officials, made no difference to the performance on the pitch.

I don't think the system is particulary helping anyone bar the CB's tbh.
Exactly the whole point on a team is develop a system and structure to try and be successful.

If you just picked players purely on recent form you would have 5 changes each game!!

Yeah totally agree with that should have said irrelevant who the captain is full stop

We don't make far off that every game anyway until we hit a tournament.

Last edited:

Been saying this for years

Flat track bully. Scoring ten in ten in qualifying games for England is one thing but has he done it in the big games?

Here is is record against clubs in England. Only two in 13 vs City, six in 13 vs Liverpool. And how how many of those have been decisive games I wonder?

I don't think the system is particulary helping anyone bar the CB's tbh.

We don't make far off that every game anyway until we hit a tournament.
Probably because of drop outs because of injuries etc, that players amazingly seem to have but then fit for their clubs the following week.

The best strategy is to have a settled system and team who know their roles

Probably because of drop outs because of injuries etc, that players amazingly seem to have but then fit for their clubs the following week.

The best strategy is to have a settled system and team who know their roles

I agree the best strategy is to do that. We haven't done that though. Wasn't long ago Dier was playing CB with no enforcing injuries. Wingers have changed every other game. Fullbacks every other game. CM every other game. System changing every other game. Can't have it all ways.

For me the biggest change should be Henderson. If he’s fit he should be in. No way would he accept the lack of intensity we saw Friday. We’d go up a level immediately. Have seen it time and again with Liverpool the difference he makes to the drive attitude of the team when he plays. Wasn’t a leader among them in the pitch against Scotland.

Flat track bully. Scoring ten in ten in qualifying games for England is one thing but has he done it in the big games?

Here is is record against clubs in England. Only two in 13 vs City, six in 13 vs Liverpool. And how how many of those have been decisive games I wonder?
6 in 13 against Liverpool is shite 😂😂.

If I were Man City I'd be looking elsewhere. The best teams surely want people on their way up or at peak, but his best looks like over a season ago.

If I were Man City I'd be looking elsewhere. The best teams surely want people on their way up or at peak, but his best looks like over a season ago.
He’s just been the top goal scorer and the top at assists .
Some people need to watch another sport

Last edited:
Another way of looking at this is we have not lost, we have 4 points already and we have not let a goal in yet. If we beat The Czech Republic and Kane scores then fickle attitudes will swing back again like smoke from a chimney.
It's not fickle - it's just reporting what we've all seen, that he is having very little impact in this tournament. If he goes out on Tuesday and bangs in a brace then people are entitled to give him praise for that too.
He’s just been the top goal scorer and the top at assists .
Haha, aye, fair enough.

Last edited:
It's not fickle - it's just reporting what we've all seen, that he is having very little impact in this tournament. If he goes out on Tuesday and bangs in a brace then people are entitled to give him praise for that too.

Haha, aye, fair enough.
It is fickle because they love him after a few games but it only takes 2 or 3 games to get on his back and skate him. Yet if he scores in the next game he’s everybody’s hero again. This type of fickleness puts me off football. We see more of it at Sunderland than other clubs where I have watched footy as a neutral around the country.

it’s no coincidence we have had more managers than most clubs in the last 10 years.

It is fickle because they love him after a few games but it only takes 2 or 3 games to get on his back and skate him. Yet if he scores in the next game he’s everybody’s hero again. This type of fickleness puts me off football. We see more of it at Sunderland than other clubs where I have watched footy as a neutral around the country.

it’s no coincidence we have had more managers than most clubs in the last 10 years.
Hard to disagree.

Not Kane's biggest fan but Southgate doesn't exactly help him with the system he deploys.

England are boring as bollocks to watch. Pass, pass, pass infront of a defence, allowing them to set up. Only when Rashford came on we had enough movement to move the CB's around and try and get in behind them down the channels.

Considering the attacking talent we have, we're dull and ponderous on the ball.

Back