Harry Kane?????

You should really look at the form of players over the last few weeks of the Premiere league and pick those who were performing ....Kane s form definately took a dip either because of the way he was told to play or because of his transfer situation and being stuck at Spurs....I would stick with him for the time being but hes definately not a captain and it should be handed to someone else.....dont know who apart from Henderson but hes not match fit.....hes not the only one though who was not playing well in the league....Stirling and Rashford to name a couple

Things didn’t look right in the tunnel before the game, Henderson seemed to high five everyone apart from Kane who he seemed to ignore
The team seemed tense & Kane seems to have lost the respect of some players
Maybe something has kicked off that we don’t know about

He was playing for a world class manager who if anything looked like he'd improved his all round game.

I don't hear the likes of Zlatan or Drogba, ya kna - proper world class strikers, complaining about Mourinho's management.

Kane's a good striker, in the Premier League. People need to face up to the fact he's not all that at the top top level.

he’s won the golden boot at the World Cup and was the quickest player to score 20 goals in the champions league

Scored goals against teams like Dortmund, Barcelona and Juve in the Champions League, scored multiple times against all the big teams in England, won the Golden Boot at the World Cup last time out, scored against countries like Germany and France but because he's a a couple of quiet games and didn't score in an incredibly shite team performance against Scotland he can't do it at the top top level?

:lol:

Scored goals against teams like Dortmund, Barcelona and Juve in the Champions League, scored multiple times against all the big teams in England, won the Golden Boot at the World Cup last time out, scored against countries like Germany and France but because he's a a couple of quiet games and didn't score in an incredibly shite team performance against Scotland he can't do it at the top top level?

:lol:
Failed in Champions League final, failed against Belgium twice and Croatia in the world cup, and has not turned up for this competition. Maybe we should invite Panama to join Europe, might give him another chance of winning the Golden boot.

Looks right out of form, but nothing created for him in either games.

The system he is playing in is gash at the moment (we had a back 6 last night, with the two defensive midfielders), how the hell are attacking midfielders meant to cope with that. I can understand using a system like that if you are playing the really good teams, but against Scotland and an over the hill Croatia, very disappointing.

Even when he brought Grealish on he played him wide and not through the middle where he would have been effective. Another lost opportunity from a one dimensional manager. It could have been Sunderland over the last three seasons we were watching, setting up not to get beaten.

A safe bet will be a 0-0 against the Czechs, with both teams qualifying on 5 points each.

Dog shit in both games, he's more concerned about his spurs future and his head is up his arse. He needs dropping, he can't be relied upon currently.

he’s won the golden boot at the World Cup and was the quickest player to score 20 goals in the champions league
I'm not interested in flukes and pennas vs Panama.
Looks right out of form, but nothing created for him in either games.

The system he is playing in is gash at the moment (we had a back 6 last night, with the two defensive midfielders), how the hell are attacking midfielders meant to cope with that. I can understand using a system like that if you are playing the really good teams, but against Scotland and an over the hill Croatia, very disappointing.

Even when he brought Grealish on he played him wide and not through the middle where he would have been effective. Another lost opportunity from a one dimensional manager. It could have been Sunderland over the last three seasons we were watching, setting up not to get beaten.

A safe bet will be a 0-0 against the Czechs, with both teams qualifying on 5 points each.
Grealish plays wide for Villa.

Last edited:
You should really look at the form of players over the last few weeks of the Premiere league and pick those who were performing ....Kane s form definately took a dip either because of the way he was told to play or because of his transfer situation and being stuck at Spurs....I would stick with him for the time being but hes definately not a captain and it should be handed to someone else.....dont know who apart from Henderson but hes not match fit.....hes not the only one though who was not playing well in the league....Stirling and Rashford to name a couple
The England team would change from game to game, imo that's just mental. A manager will pick players he trusts and who has done well for him, see Jordan Pickford as an example. Had a real dodgy spell for Everton but has never let England down.

I know it’s his game but Kane really is dropping far too deep at the moment. By the time it gets out to the wings and there’s an opportunity for some service, he’s barely even reached the D never mind in a position to cause some damage and the play breaks down with Foden or Sterling cutting back. 4 4 f***ing 2 (with Calvert Lewin)?

Its more complex than blaming Kane. Get the ball to him in the right places and he's dangerous.

I'm more concerned about Stirling, Foden, Mount and Rice. Theres the problem. How many times did we see Stirling get the ball and stop running tonight. He's at his best when he's taking people on at pace. The system needs to change.
I think he’ll get more space against teams in the knockout rounds
The England team would change from game to game, imo that's just mental. A manager will pick players he trusts and who has done well for him, see Jordan Pickford as an example. Had a real dodgy spell for Everton but has never let England down.
Agreed. And in dropping Pickford through a dip in league form, he’s have messed with his England defensive line & (potentially) Pickford’s confidence

I hope Southgate takes some time to make sure he reads this forum. It’s packed full of advice from (I can only assume) vastly experienced top international managers posing as anonymous Sunderland fans.

The trouble Southgate will have when he does log on though is that much of the expert advice is contradictory.

Back