Hamilton the musical

I'll add my twopenneth to this.

Seen it for the first time on Disney+ last night. Knew nothing about it. Didn't even know it was about a guy called Hamilton never mind knowing anything about Alexander Hamilton and certainly had no idea it was about the American War of Indepedence.

Phenomenal show. Hooked from the first minute.

Jonathan Groff as Mad King George was an absolutely exceptional performance for a man that was on stage for about 8 minutes only. Not surprised he was nominated for a Tony and a Grammy because of it.

Might stick it on again now

It is quality, definitely. It seems the writer has the midas thouch these days. He seems to do almost every Disney cartoon.

We don't care about Bruno no no no

This could really do with being changed to "The Theatre Thread".

Anywho, Mrs K and I went to see Come From Away in London last week.
Excellent show. Brilliant cast too considering there's only 12 of them.
On the topic of other shows Mrs Bear and I went to see Six at Edinburgh last Sunday. Thought I would not like it but was really good. Would recommend.

On the topic of other shows Mrs Bear and I went to see Six at Edinburgh last Sunday. Thought I would not like it but was really good. Would recommend.

Not a long show either. Any of you with kids who have done The Tudors will probably enjoy it too.

Bonus fact for the parents.
One of the cast of SIX, or someone who's been in it at least, is now "Little Cook Small" on the new Big Cook Little Cook on CBeebies.
Whether that'll help you get through an episode of that, or not, I cannot say.

UK tour 23/24.
Manchester and Edinburgh announced.
Wonder if there's any chance of it coming to the Sunderland Empire.
Might go to Edinburgh to see it again anyway.

I would put money on it being on in Sunderland, I would imagine it will be a 6 to 8 week season I would also guess it will be May/June 2024. When it does come to Sunderland it will be big for the local economy as it will bring in people from all over to see it.
I can see next year being a big year for theatre performances as I would expect to see "Come From Away" announce soon aswell

Isnt the Empire the only theatre in the North East of the size required for a full west end snow? Fingers crossed it'll come here on tour if its already heading up to Edinburgh?

Fingers crossed it does end up in Sunderland, would be massive and I really want to see it.

Also hoping the Come From Away tour rocks up here too, at the minute they've only announced that the tour starts in Leicester.

Am I right in thinking Wicked is at the empire in 2024 too? Easy Xmas present for the Mrs if so.

Lion King this year too, I'm going to have no bloody money left :lol:

Fingers crossed it does end up in Sunderland, would be massive and I really want to see it.

Also hoping the Come From Away tour rocks up here too, at the minute they've only announced that the tour starts in Leicester.

Am I right in thinking Wicked is at the empire in 2024 too? Easy Xmas present for the Mrs if so.

Lion King this year too, I'm going to have no bloody money left 

Wicked is on Sept 2024. Tickets for that go on sale this June..

Back