Hamilton the musical

Don't base him on that. I've not seen it, but if you're going to get a fair measure of the man, Hamilton or In The Heights is where you want to start

It'll be Sunderland I'd suspect. Not sure why it would do both

Supposedly Newcastle in May and Sunderland in November - whether it will happen is anybody's guess

Really enjoyable - the kids are so talented

Interesting. Mind you if they can do a short run - a week in each place - that should hoover up people from both areas

There are a few tours doing this now - believe it or not we a very cultural area and really support the arts and demand is often high - by doing both cities this meets the demand. Sister Act and I think We will Rock You have done both - normally a bit apart - maybe one towards the end of a tour. Loving concerts and theatre I am really missing this at the moment

There are a few tours doing this now - believe it or not we a very cultural area and really support the arts and demand is often high - by doing both cities this meets the demand. Sister Act and I think We will Rock You have done both - normally a bit apart - maybe one towards the end of a tour. Loving concerts and theatre I am really missing this at the moment

I used to have an Ambassador's Theatre Membership - I believe the Empire is one of theirs.
Manchester is effectively The North West End - loads of shows get a first run here to test the water before going to London or then around the country. I'm really pleased Sunderland gets so many great shows.
and Newcastle too I suppose, but it's great to see.

The number of shows we want to go and see is rising by the month. Whether they'll tour or stay in London is another matter.

If you want a decent little show, SIX is very good.

My Eldest is a big fan of musicals, this one particular, and we got a couple of tickets as part of her Xmas present, and went just before Covid.

I drew the short straw and took her while the other 2 went for afternoon tea at the Wolseley instead.

I'd never ever ever ever admit it, but really enjoyed it, and would gladly sit though it again.

Seems my straw wasn't quite as short as the Mrs' after all, who had to sit through Mamma Mia the musical next

Me and the fella are possibly the only people in the history of every to have watched the first half but not the second. We watched the first half on Disney+, got sick of it and never went back to the second half.

Me and the fella are possibly the only people in the history of every to have watched the first half but not the second. We watched the first half on Disney+, got sick of it and never went back to the second half.

The first half is significantly stronger than the second. Unless you enjoy listening to songs based on the evolution of the democratic system in post revolution America.

Got tickets to see this in December in the West End and am quite excited.

Me mam also told me that the lad who plays King George - Harry Hepple - is a Dalton-le-Dale lad; his gran used to live next door to us.

Does he post on here and is he a MLF I wonder.
Very very very jealous. And we’ve been before. It’s brilliant

We did exactly the same :lol:

Funny as whilst I’m not a big fan of musicals, I do like rap and hip-hop. Found it a bit tedious.

Got tickets to see this in December in the West End and am quite excited.

Me mam also told me that the lad who plays King George - Harry Hepple - is a Dalton-le-Dale lad; his gran used to live next door to us.

Does he post on here and is he a MLF I wonder.
He's a mag.

Funnily enough the second half is a lot more “West Wing” and goes into things like the political Horse trading that was done to set up the Federal Bank. It’s definitely more you. :)
He's a mag.
Aw really? A Seaham Mag?

Sister act possibly one of the worst musicals I have ever seen....none of the songs were in family. Proper rubbish I thought

This could really do with being changed to "The Theatre Thread".

Anywho, Mrs K and I went to see Come From Away in London last week.
Excellent show. Brilliant cast too considering there's only 12 of them.

Back