Hamilton the musical

Was literally the last dates Lin was doing. Our lass is a huge fan of it, and In the Heights. To be honest when I went the first time I had pretty much no idea
That's class mate. We've talked about doing New York for our honeymoon and going to see it on Broadway like. In the heights is class too. Looking forward to the film next year

That's class mate. We've talked about doing New York for our honeymoon and going to see it on Broadway like. In the heights is class too. Looking forward to the film next year

Do it. You won't regret it. If you need any advice where to stay etc let me know

New York is a f***ing amazing city. If the rent was not so high over there, i would definitely move over

Was literally the last dates Lin was doing. Our lass is a huge fan of it, and In the Heights. To be honest when I went the first time I had pretty much no idea
Bloody hell I bet that was amazing

Is it best to have an idea of the history before watching it?

I never realised Miranda wrote it, wrote the songs, wrote the music, starred in it.....
I was only really aware of him from Mary Poppins and assumed he was just a Broadway actor. Talented bloke!!

Is it best to have an idea of the history before watching it?

I never realised Miranda wrote it, wrote the songs, wrote the music, starred in it.....
I was only really aware of him from Mary Poppins and assumed he was just a Broadway actor. Talented bloke!!

No it's not really needed, they do a very good job of explaining the narrative. As long as you are aware that the American war of independence was a thing, the British are the bad guys, George Washington is the good guy and that it was standard practice to resolve arguments with a duel in those days you should be good to go.

I was in the US in summer 2015 and hadn't heard anything about it prior to getting there but that didn't last long. All over the media and everywhere we went people were talking about it. I must admit that I've still never actually seen it or listened to the full soundtrack. :oops:

Incidentally, were our top intellectual minds and politicians still settling disagreements by duels in the early 19th century?

Dueling, had gone out of fashion in Britain but could still happen (may have been illegal) I know the Navy and Army were very anti having their own officers kill each other. It was more common in France and America, as was eluded too in Hamilton, it was common for the seconds to lessen the chance of death, under charging the pistols or even not putting the balls in. Both parties firing to miss, or with swords, calling it at first blood.

Didn't enjoy it.

I appreciate how good the singers and writing was but the wife (no) thought it was amazing.

One of my daughters(no) who is heavily into musicals didn't like it as much as the others - and she has seen it live but doesn't get the hype. As I said I enjoyed it more than I thought.

Back