Halifax account holders losing interest

I had a beer with his dad on Hagley Road (in a pub) about 10 years ago. Proper old Jamaican fella who was happy to just get pissed every night.

Used to stay just on Hagley Road for work quite regularly 15 years ago
Was canny for the most part but one week there was a drive by shooting outside my hotel then the following week there was a revenge petrol bomb attack and the hotel caught fire and we were evacuated in the middle of the night in dressing gowns etc. never met Howard’s da unfortunately :(

Used to stay just on Hagley Road for work quite regularly 15 years ago
Was canny for the most part but one week there was a drive by shooting outside my hotel then the following week there was a revenge petrol bomb attack and the hotel caught fire and we were evacuated in the middle of the night in dressing gowns etc. never met Howard’s da unfortunately :(
What on earth is a revenge petrol bomb attack?

What on earth is a revenge petrol bomb attack?

One set of lads Burger boys or summat shot their rivals in a drive by on hagley road in Birmingham. Following week the rivals (Johnson crew iirc) were in a bar beside my hotel when the other gang started hosting Molotov cocktails at them ( in revenge for previous drive by).
Really don’t get the pronoun thing like. Your gender is a factual thing, not sure how you can make up your gender to suit. You are born boy or girl, you have a pee pee or a nunny. Sure you can get reconstructive surgery to pretend you’ve got the other if you want, and feel free I couldn’t care less what you do, but why does it have to be a big deal if someone calls you he, she or it or whatever else? You are still a boy just because you’ve chopped your nuts off, you still have chromosomes which dictate your gender and chemical and hormonal patterns in your body that stipulate what your gender is. Well over my head this, how someone can just decide what they are. I could call myself a lion, but I’m not actually a lion, I’m still a person.

Don’t get me wrong I have nothing against others doing whatever they want, so long as it doesn’t impact me (and it doesn’t) I couldn’t give a shite tbh, just very hard to comprehend.

I’ve managed to live here 32 years and never been called out on calling someone the wrong gender yet, mostly because it’s very rare I’d ever even use a pronoun for someone in general conversation as it’s generally rude to anyway. I’d just refer to someone by their name or their role/title.

If I was with Halifax and they aggressively told me to piss off mind, that’d make me more tempted to piss off than the stupid pronoun obsession.

Your biological sex is determined at birth. Gender is a social construct ie ideas of what constitutes masculinity and femininity - boys wear blue can’t cry and play armies, girls wear pink need protecting and play barbies

I think live snd let live but the above is a crude explanation of the difference between biological sex and gender identity

Last edited:
It's much odder than that, 'it' is the one that bamboozled me at my nieces party 🤷‍♂️
One set of lads Burger boys or summat shot their rivals in a drive by on hagley road in Birmingham. Following week the rivals (Johnson crew iirc) were in a bar beside my hotel when the other gang
Makes sense, the nonsense violence seems to be picking up again in Brum from what I can tell.

Last edited:
To be more inclusive of trans and non-binary people.

You can't assume anymore. You might look at me and assume I'm a lass as I've got long hair and big norks, but you can't refer to me as female until I actually tell you I'm a lass, as I could be male or non-binary but presenting as a lass.
So surely the campaign should be to remove all gender related language? I’m good with that.

To be more inclusive of trans and non-binary people.

You can't assume anymore. You might look at me and assume I'm a lass as I've got long hair and big norks, but you can't refer to me as female until I actually tell you I'm a lass, as I could be male or non-binary but presenting as a lass.
Just to be clear though, you are a lass?

I'm agender as I can knock up a Victoria sponge then put a shelf up while it's in the oven 👍

Surely that would make you gender fluid or "bi". "A"gender would likely result in you having the characteristics/capabilities of neither sex.
So surely the campaign should be to remove all gender related language? I’m good with that.

Nope. Paring down the language will result in a load of grey people inhabiting a grey world. Accepting that homophobia, racism and all forms of intolerance have no place in society, we should have a vibrant/diverse world in which we share and celebrate our different cultures.

I'm just a regular heterosexual bloke but I popped down to the Pride event in town a few years back and thought it was brilliant.

Last edited:
Half this stuff I'm not particularly arsed about, it's the endless "Get on board, bigot" delivery that is obnoxious, suffocating and annoys the fuck out of a lot of people.

Back