Halifax account holders losing interest

Telling people to effectively "Foxtrot Oscar" over questioning it? Yup, I can see how that's going to lose business. A bank is there to provide a service and it is not part of that service to be told where to go.

So fine, if you don't want my business, I'll take it elsewhere to where its wanted.

Halifax needs to be reminded that it would not exist if it wasn't for another, larger bank. In 2009, it was on its way out of existence before the Lloyd's takeover of HBOS.
There’s also a good chance this could be a very savvy move commercially. Firstly they’ve got themselves a whole load of free advertising and good publicity for the younger demographic the banks are all chasing.

Secondly, even in the unlikely event that the fannies threatening to shut their accounts do so, as @ilovehorswill pointed out earlier in the thread, they’ll largely be customers who cost them the most, by resisting digital banking and demanding to speak to people all over the place.

There’s also a good chance this could be a very savvy move commercially. Firstly they’ve got themselves a whole load of free advertising and good publicity for the younger demographic the banks are all chasing.

Secondly, even in the unlikely event that the fannies threatening to shut their accounts do so, as @ilovehorswill pointed out earlier in the thread, they’ll largely be customers who cost them the most, by resisting digital banking and demanding to speak to people all over the place.
Understood, and I see your angle.

However, I don't think being told where to go is really appreciated no matter what age you are.

Day-to-day, I'm happy using Apps and electronic methods, noting I rarely use cash myself now.

If issues do become complex then I appreciate a face-to-face conversation.with someone in branch. I do accept, however, branches are going to reduce with me perhaps having to travel a city-centre branch in years to come.

I doubt the younger demographic use banks - they do most things online. In my town you’re not exactly spoiled for choice as there’s only one bank left.
I really don’t see why anyone cares about using preferred pronouns. I have, in the past, checked with someone who was transitioning whether they preferred he or she but I mostly use her name anyway. I find “she” comes naturally now. They, them and their are not usually used for people you know - they tend to be used when speaking about strangers especially ones whose gender is unknown. I think I’d find it odd to use them for a friend but I’m prepared to do it if asked.
Considering the state of the country and the world there are many more important things to worry about.

The main reason to move your savings out of Halifax is that their rates are dog shit, regardless of any name badge nonesense

So at your work a conversation might go…

“Hi, Elder, do you know where Dave is? I’ve been looking for Dave since I spoke to Dave about Dave’s party”

“Yeah, Dave is in Sue’s office. Sue asked Dave if Dave could clarify to Sue some figures in Dave’s report about Dave’s department."

And at no point would you replace their names with he/him/his/she/her etc. It sounds like a very odd way to speak.
"Elder" is a bit ageist surely.

Back