Halifax account holders losing interest

Get into a fuckload of debt, change your name and identify as someone with a clear credit score.

Apply for a mortgage, identify as earning a million a year and imagine you live in world where coins are toffees.

Empty a packet of wurthers onto the bank manager's desk and declare you're buying a four bed house with cash

Last edited:
Why is this pronoun thing a thing? I really don't get it.

To be more inclusive of trans and non-binary people.

You can't assume anymore. You might look at me and assume I'm a lass as I've got long hair and big norks, but you can't refer to me as female until I actually tell you I'm a lass, as I could be male or non-binary but presenting as a lass.

Get into a fuckload of debt, change your name and identify as someone with a clear credit score.

Apply for a mortgage, identify as earning a million a year and imagine you live in world where coins are toffees.

Empty a packet of wurthers onto the bank manager's desk and declare you're buying a four bed house with cash

Heads gone ^

Banks disappearing from our high strrets, nowt said.

Those remaining branches allow staff to display a preferred pronoun, f***ing hell on.

No wonder we continue to get pissed on from those above.

Strange one. Bank decides it has values and tells customers to piss off if they don't like them

Couldn't care less about the pronoun issue but I'd be tempted to piss off just for being told to piss off

So these badges are designed to help prevent mis-gendering a bank employee who isn't actually there?

It seems you'd have to have quite an unlikely combination of events.

Firstly you'd have to have go into the bank and have some reason to enquire after a staff member who isn't there.

Then you'd have to use their pronouns in your enquiry, rather than just for example saying "where's Shelia?".

Then you'd have to actually have remembered what it said on their name badge in the first place.

Then they'd have to actually be transgender for that remembered badge to cause you to change the pronouns you would have used otherwise.

Then the pronouns used when talking about the absent staff member would have to actually be fed back to them such that they could either be relieved you'd use the correct ones or offended you'd used the wrong ones.
I'd gather quite a few people who go into bank branches now are ones who'll go in on a regular enough basis and on occasions be of the mindset to get to know staff. Generally the only time you might use a pronoun to someone who is there in a bank or similar situation is if there's an issue that requires you to talk to someone else too, maybe a manager.

Also if might be more about for within the staff conversations instead as they're more likely to be talking about other staff than customers.

Really don’t get the pronoun thing like. Your gender is a factual thing, not sure how you can make up your gender to suit. You are born boy or girl, you have a pee pee or a nunny. Sure you can get reconstructive surgery to pretend you’ve got the other if you want, and feel free I couldn’t care less what you do, but why does it have to be a big deal if someone calls you he, she or it or whatever else? You are still a boy just because you’ve chopped your nuts off, you still have chromosomes which dictate your gender and chemical and hormonal patterns in your body that stipulate what your gender is. Well over my head this, how someone can just decide what they are. I could call myself a lion, but I’m not actually a lion, I’m still a person.

Don’t get me wrong I have nothing against others doing whatever they want, so long as it doesn’t impact me (and it doesn’t) I couldn’t give a shite tbh, just very hard to comprehend.

I’ve managed to live here 32 years and never been called out on calling someone the wrong gender yet, mostly because it’s very rare I’d ever even use a pronoun for someone in general conversation as it’s generally rude to anyway. I’d just refer to someone by their name or their role/title.

If I was with Halifax and they aggressively told me to piss off mind, that’d make me more tempted to piss off than the stupid pronoun obsession.

Really don’t get the pronoun thing like. Your gender is a factual thing, not sure how you can make up your gender to suit. You are born boy or girl, you have a pee pee or a nunny. Sure you can get reconstructive surgery to pretend you’ve got the other if you want, and feel free I couldn’t care less what you do, but why does it have to be a big deal if someone calls you he, she or it or whatever else? You are still a boy just because you’ve chopped your nuts off, you still have chromosomes which dictate your gender and chemical and hormonal patterns in your body that stipulate what your gender is. Well over my head this, how someone can just decide what they are. I could call myself a lion, but I’m not actually a lion, I’m still a person.

Don’t get me wrong I have nothing against others doing whatever they want, so long as it doesn’t impact me (and it doesn’t) I couldn’t give a shite tbh, just very hard to comprehend.

I’ve managed to live here 32 years and never been called out on calling someone the wrong gender yet, mostly because it’s very rare I’d ever even use a pronoun for someone in general conversation as it’s generally rude to anyway. I’d just refer to someone by their name or their role/title.

If I was with Halifax and they aggressively told me to piss off mind, that’d make me more tempted to piss off than the stupid pronoun obsession.
It really isn't worth getting outraged over the Halifax offering their staff the option to display their gender pronouns on their badges if they wish.

It really isn't worth getting outraged over the Halifax offering their staff the option to display their gender pronouns on their badges if they wish.
I agree entirely. Just on the wider point - I don’t get why it’s even an issue. Anything that doesn’t impact me, I’m happy to let others crack on and do what they like. But I just really don’t understand how this is even an issue to be discussed.

Don’t think it’s a good idea to tell your customers to piss off mind, that bit would have annoyed me if I was a customer of theirs

Why is this pronoun thing a thing? I really don't get it.
Exactly
Fancy being so insecure about who you are that you need to add a pronoun next to your name .
I mean 😀😀
Halifax need to offer better rates instead of telling folk to do one .

Last edited:

Back