Gym annoyances

Changing room benches (which can easily fit 2 or even 3 people) being taken up by one person spreading their bag and clothes out.
I agree. Similar annoyances:

- people who change immediately next to you even when there’s plenty of space.
- those who place outdoor footwear onto changing room benches. E.g. when they’re tying shoe laces before leaving.

I usually place a plastic bag under my bottom when I sit down to pull on socks and shoes.

So theres me on one pulley of the cable machine busting my piles on the last few reps and this bird is asking me " can i use the other side of this " . Just ignored her until the set was finished then just said " what?" . Honestly man talk about no idea. .
This is one of my biggest irritations at the gym, if you can see I’m f***ing straining like a bastard under a bar- stay out of my eye line you useless fuckwit, you’ll knock my focus

People squeezing their wet shorts all over the floor, theres a bloody dryer there as well. Shaving in the sauna.

Only been back in a gym for 2 weeks lol - havent noticed as much of the posing and filming so far at Bannatynes in Durham anyway.

was on cross trainer this morning at Morpeth leisure centre , decided instead of telly would hoy the outdoors thing on , was Bellingham Bay, Washington at sunset, canny relaxing was going along and lo and behold come across a git big rottweiler out for a walk, decided to stop and curl a git big turd out, how was this not edited out ??????:eek::eek: Most unseemly.

Was I jd tonight listening to some imbecile with back acne who could barely string a sentence together mumble something about his ‘pump’ and he proceeded to stand infront of the mirror and film himself in various ‘poses’
He was about 8 stone (half a stone of that was the pus in his back-ne)

Parting shot from some tosspot in David Lloyd gym changing room today to his mate.... "Love you brother".

Sad wanker

I saw two lads doing dumbbell shoulder press on a bench, one slapped the other on the shoulders and went let’s go. Let’s get nasty. As in Dorian Yates old school style

The dumbbells were 10kgs

Also - two blokes supersetting standing right next to the dumbbell rack not allowing anyone to get past.

Never known a gym to have so many absolute clowns in it

Last edited:
I think the one that always stands out out to me is when you see a group of people around some weights or a machine watching someone else do the exercise/workout for two or three minutes until it is their turn.

Why can't they use another piece of equipment in that time?

If you go to the gym in a group of four or five people, you may only exercise/workout for around ten or fifteen minutes while you are in there.
Why can’t the person using the machine not have more of a sense of urgency and get on with their training instead of texting or having a quick nap between their extremely low intensity sets, which they generally aren’t even doing properly, anyway?

And to answer your other question —and this is a question that irritates me greatly — if I’m forced to wait for a machine, or rack, it’s because it’s on my plan. The exercises, the order I do them in, and the selection of a given machine is planned in a precise fashion. I don’t go to the gym to larp around. Try it. You’ll get better results.

Why can’t the person using the machine not have more of a sense of urgency and get on with their training instead of texting or having a quick nap between their extremely low intensity sets, which they generally aren’t even doing properly, anyway?

And to answer your other question —and this is a question that irritates me greatly — if I’m forced to wait for a machine, or rack, it’s because it’s on my plan. The exercises, the order I do them in, and the selection of a given machine is planned in a precise fashion. I don’t go to the gym to larp around. Try it. You’ll get better results.
Re: your last paragraph. I agree, and I would on occasion get wound up if I couldn’t do a ‘perfect’ routine in the order that I planned.

But in commercial gyms I think that you need to be flexible. E.g. I can swap an exercise into a push/pull routine if a piece of equipment is unavailable.

Back