Gym annoyances

Thanks marra, cant do what i did so do what i can . So important to maintain decent muscle mass over 50
Funny -I was reading how much you lose as you age -I need to look at upper body strength .
I do a bit of slow jogging ; ( im similar age to you ) and still play 6 a side outside with a group young uns ( been v lucky Re injuries ) though my “kids “ think I’m nuts!
Keep going is the mantra I think

this is what i've been telling people for years....but i would lower the 50 to 40
Id probably agree with you.
Funny -I was reading how much you lose as you age -I need to look at upper body strength .
I do a bit of slow jogging ; ( im similar age to you ) and still play 6 a side outside with a group young uns ( been v lucky Re injuries ) though my “kids “ think I’m nuts!
Keep going is the mantra I think
Definitely mate . I find if im trying to keep well by cardio alone i start to get knots and injuries in my legs . If not actually injured very inflamed .
I think while keeping going is the mantra, finding enough variation so you can tolerate and treat your body well also helps .

this is what i've been telling people for years....but i would lower the 50 to 40
I remember when I was getting close to 30 and I knew how much muscle mass can be lost from that age.

But I wasn’t really interested in weight training or going to a gym.

It’s only since I was about 42 that I regularly went to a gym to lift weights.

I remember when I was getting close to 30 and I knew how much muscle mass can be lost from that age.

But I wasn’t really interested in weight training or going to a gym.

It’s only since I was about 42 that I regularly went to a gym to lift weights.
Also helps with bone density

Also helps with bone density
Yes mate, I just found weight training to be boring. I ran, played football, did kickboxing, sometimes even lifted weights at home on and off.

But then I became interested in it, it could even have been the powerlifting thread on here that motivated me to work to a plan. I learned a lot from people on here.

Yes mate, I just found weight training to be boring. I ran, played football, did kickboxing, sometimes even lifted weights at home on and off.

But then I became interested in it, it could even have been the powerlifting thread on here that motivated me to work to a plan. I learned a lot from people on here.
I've been weight training for over 30 years now and could not do without it
Younger days were about going for size but for a good few years now it's about condition and keeping leanish and fit.
I still mix in 4 or 5 cardio sessions a week

Young lad standing next to me in the squat rack started chatting to me while I was on the bench, I racked mid set and said "what's that m8" he looked at me and said summit else, I sat up, "sorry m8, I'm deaf as a post (I'm not) what was that?" Fecker turned away and starting chatting more, then I noticed the ear buds, he's taking a phone call in the squat rack. The knobhead !

Permissible if the sound is turned off.

I still think that many people would benefit from having a break from their phone for an hour. Plus they don’t often work at a high intensity.

I personally use it as I do a 5x5 workout of heavy weights so tend to rest for 90-120 seconds before each set. So I go on my phone to stop me staring at women like a weirdo 😂👀

I personally use it as I do a 5x5 workout of heavy weights so tend to rest for 90-120 seconds before each set. So I go on my phone to stop me staring at women like a weirdo 😂👀
You can avoid a phone for a couple of minutes, Shirley? Try it sometime, it’s good for mental health.

There's a bloke who gets on mine in the morning who gets reet on my tits.
He does a set (wrongly) then fucks off on a lap of the gym before he does the next set.

Back