Gym annoyances

Re: your last paragraph. I agree, and I would on occasion get wound up if I couldn’t do a ‘perfect’ routine in the order that I planned.

But in commercial gyms I think that you need to be flexible. E.g. I can swap an exercise into a push/pull routine if a piece of equipment is unavailable.
I ‘compromise’ by going late at night when the gyms are much quieter. Rarely have a problem, to be honest.

Was doing standing cable lateral raises last Saturday, just as my arm was coming up I could see some absolute nobber pelting towards me, had to pause my rep and wait for him to walk past, rather than him just giving me a wide berth.

Gym etiquette has went massively out the window, everyone is so fuckin entitled.

People leaving bars full of plates after deadlifting. Since when has it been acceptable? I find it mind boggling.

They’ve now got posters up on the mirrors in JD warning the wet wipe generation to respect other peoples privacy when taking selfies. Bet it makes fuck all difference. Someone will end up getting banjoed.
Horrendous gyms. Im a member of the shiremoor one and have cancelled.
The gear is canny but the amount of absolute weapons is mental. Literally NO ONE replaces the weights, it’s ludicrously busy 24/7 also.

Horrendous gyms. Im a member of the shiremoor one and have cancelled.
The gear is canny but the amount of absolute weapons is mental. Literally NO ONE replaces the weights, it’s ludicrously busy 24/7 also.
Amount of people in gyms who are completely self centred and entitled is mental but the gyms themselves share the blame for never challenging the behaviour, the weights not being put back is beyond a joke and worse it's ever been. People fully loading up bars and machines and just walking away and leaving them, absolute arse holes.

People who take an age on a machine, on their phone.

People who come up 'how many sets left?' fuck off mate the gyms huge( well mine is) go find another machine and do something instead of pissing me off and interrupting.

people who park their Wank panzers (4x4) in the disabled car parks out front after 'shop' hours..just walk you lazy bastards

ladies who wear next to nowt or skin tight clothing....you all look the same...pony tail, Nike Blazers...change it up and stop moaning if blokes stare, you look painted...it'll happen. ( I avert my eyes on purpose)

people who go just to dick about...go down the park.

I’ll deliberately park in the overspill car park so some dolled up lass in a Fiat 500 doesn’t shunt my door while she’s walking in the gym to take selfies and act entitled.
The gym that I attend is situated on a retail park but the gym does have about 40 car park spaces. It’s easiest just to park a 1 minute walk away, some tits will park on the kerb directly outside the gym.

Tripods/camera phones , people not taking the weights off the bars when finished, people not wiping the bench down if they've been sweating on it , people pissing around on their phone for ages hogging benches /machines. Just other people in general I guess 🤣

People who take an age on a machine, on their phone.

People who come up 'how many sets left?' fuck off mate the gyms huge( well mine is) go find another machine and do something instead of pissing me off and interrupting.

people who park their Wank panzers (4x4) in the disabled car parks out front after 'shop' hours..just walk you lazy bastards

ladies who wear next to nowt or skin tight clothing....you all look the same...pony tail, Nike Blazers...change it up and stop moaning if blokes stare, you look painted...it'll happen. ( I avert my eyes on purpose)

people who go just to dick about...go down the park.

This should always be followed with "jump in if you want" as a matter of etiquette. Even when I've got nine plates a side on the leg press and someone only wants to do three. I'll still offer to take them off and put them back on.

Back