Gunfire on London Bridge

iirc those parents knew their kid was being radicalised and chose to do nothing about it. sorry but any parent is responsible for the way their child turns out imo.
I don’t agree. Parents can try and do what’s best but these people are grown ups and make their own choices and only those individuals should take responsibilities for their actions.

iirc those parents knew their kid was being radicalised and chose to do nothing about it. sorry but any parent is responsible for the way their child turns out imo.

The people who knew about them were the authorities. No one warned the parents. The girls were given letters to take to their parents by the school warning them about what the girls might be doing and they found them stuffed in the bottom of their school bags...of course.

1 in every 100 muslims in the UK are on the watchlist for being Islamic extremists. So a few for every Mosque. There's no way there's that many Hindu/Christian/Jewish extremists. If there was the same % of terror attacks from all religions then Islami attacks should only be once in every 15 attacks or so. But clearly there not.
They are the terrorist of choice for now. We have seen others in my time and this bout ties in with the foreign policy of the U.K. in the same way the IRA did in 70/80/90s.
Another will be along I’m sure and that could easily something like Ireland again depending on Brexit. Or, if the arse falls out of the Euro zone, could it be from there?

They are the terrorist of choice for now. We have seen others in my time and this bout ties in with the foreign policy of the U.K. in the same way the IRA did in 70/80/90s.
Another will be along I’m sure and that could easily something like Ireland again depending on Brexit. Or, if the arse falls out of the Euro zone, could it be from there?

How does that pan out like ?

his family would have raised him. hopefully taught and led him on the correct life path.
i'd like to think they recognised him turning into a radical and had done everything they possibly could to steer him into a more peaceful life.
it's similar to the problem of the feral kids roaming about nowadays with no proper guidance from parents.
it honestly saddens me. god knows what the answer is.
Stop having kids willy nilly?

convicted of Terrorist offences.

sentenced to 16yrs.

out in 8 yrs.

should have executed the twat and this wouldnt have happened.

I think the biggest question I have at the moment is why on earth was a convicted terrorist allowed, whether temporarily or otherwise, in to the city which he was convicted of trying to blow up not even a decade prior? Why was he allowed right near the scene of an ISIS attack two years previous?

If he's on license and from Staffordshire, surely that's where the terms of his license dictate he resides. If so, who signed off on his day trip to the place he tried to blow up?

Haven't read the whole thread so probably already been said......but it's crazy to think that one of the 'heroes' who tackled the terrorist was himself a convicted murderer who should not have been allowed to set foot as a free man again.

so if early release is so bad...why have the govt who have been in place for 9 years at this point done nothing about it? its not even in the manifesto

I suspect the fact that there are not enough prison spaces and they dont want to build anymore prisons or staff them properly means its been working for them..until this

so if early release is so bad...why have the govt who have been in place for 9 years at this point done nothing about it? its not even in the manifesto

I suspect the fact that there are not enough prison spaces and they dont want to build anymore prisons or staff them properly means its been working for them..until this
The idea I think is to reward good behaviour. However they are then free to commit further crimes once they are released.

On the contrary, the tories have until very recently been pursuing shorter sentences and not jailing people who had sentences of less than 6 months as their policy. A cynic might say this was to manage the chronic overcrowding and cuts to the prison system they have presided over.
It's only since they started gearing up for a general election that they started portraying themselves as the party of tough law and order. Pure populist rhetoric with Patel spouting it for knee jerkers to lap up.

Tories to ditch plans to scrap shorter prison sentences
What’s going on with the Tories and sentencing?

Very strange.

It is strange but people in the area, I know not the most reliable under such a situation, where stating they heard more than two shots which would tie in with the first two shots not doing the job. It was also notable there was no blood after the first two shots, this is not typical of a completed head shot.

It is strange but people in the area, I know not the most reliable under such a situation, where stating they heard more than two shots which would tie in with the first two shots not doing the job. It was also notable there was no blood after the first two shots, this is not typical of a completed head shot.
Mr Hawkes told the Standard: "There were multiple shots. We heard two shots first, then there was a gap of a few minutes, and another eight to 10 shots"...

Back