Greg Clarke

I reckon 40 years ago we used to say black people for pretty much anyone who wasn't Caucasian or from South East Asia.
Then that became unacceptable and we started calling blacks coloured.

Roll on a few years and coloured became unacceptable!

For me its all about the context the words are used in rather than the exact words used. Its usually abundantly clear whether they are being used in a racist manner or not.

Anyone who is being reasonable should be able to understand he wasn't trying to be racist. I think it's more that he said it while trying to convince everyone he was a champion of diversity, and in between some daft comments about the career interests of South Asian people and women's football. Not a great look really, and he just comes across as quite ignorant and outdated, even if that's not necessarily the case.

I think he probably needs someone he can defer to on these issues and learn how to watch what he's saying.

Suggesting he should lose his job over this is a bit ridiculous.

EDIT: He's lost his job. :lol:

Last edited:

This.

It's hard to keep up.

One week black is OK. Next week it isn't. Then it changes back.

I was speaking to the police about something I'd witnessed, I had to ask them if 'mixed race' was still an acceptable term.

Apparently not, it's now 'blended heritage' but I hadn't seen the memo.

It's probably changed again since.

Erm Calling people coloured is not acceptable like

Fuck are you talking about?

Sound like the type of bloke who goes out protesting due because of that rule Britannia shite

Last edited:
Woman beater, and modern paragon of virtue, Stan Collymore.
I find the constant wailing on about Stan Collymore incredibly tiresome.

What he did was incredibly low, scummy and c*nty, but he's faced up, admitted to what he did, never hidden from it and tried to sort himself out.

He's spot on on matters of race, has a great football brain, and is one of the few broadcasters, especially in football, who really hammers the importance of mental health and calls out practices within football that have a negative effect.

Can guarantee that the majority of people who give him shit for his past have done some incredibly scummy shit in the past and have gone to nowhere near the lengths he has to sort himself out and own up to his mistakes - let alone doing it in the public eye, with everyone piping up about it constantly.

I do wonder if he was white, whether he'd get the same level of grief ..🤔

People of colour = acceptable
coloured people = not acceptable

Basically.

Obviously this will cause a bit of a stink on social media and in the news, and there is some element of truth to him being probably past his use by date but within the context of what he is saying, it's is more like your embarrassing relative who doesn't know how to phrase things than some out and out racist.

Just like the comment about all the Asian people in the IT department at the FA. He's trying to make a point but is absolutely butchering how he is doing it and making himself look an idiot.
Woukd coloured people like Steven Pienaar disagree?

As John Barnes says, its the intent of the language not the words that is important.

The crime here seems to be using "outdated language" rather than any racist intent or actions. I don't think he will be any great loss to the FA but it must be frustrating when other people have kept their jobs (hello, Mr Cummings!) for much bigger mistakes.
errr he did say South Asians and Afro Caribbean's have different career interests ! wtf is that all about
and that female goalkeepers at a young age, dont like having the ball kicked at them !

It's like something middle aged blokes say in the pub

Resigned now.

Utterly pathetic this world we live in.
Yes, how dare people care about using correct language when it comes to sensitive topics. Absolutely pathetic.

Bet you like Yaxley-Lennon and Farage, don't you?
errr he did say South Asians and Afro Caribbean's have different career interests ! wtf is that all about
and that female goalkeepers at a young age, dont like having the ball kicked at them !

It's like something middle aged blokes say in the pub
You only have to look at this thread - and the post I just quoted - to see that there is a genuine endemic of entitled white blokes who think they should be able to use whatever language they like to discuss "other people", regardless of how offensive others may find it.

Last edited:
Yes, how dare people care about using correct language when it comes to sensitive topics. Absolutely pathetic.

You only have to look at this thread - and the post I just quoted - to see that there is a genuine endemic of entitled white blokes who think they should be able to use whatever language they like to discuss "other people", regardless of how offensive others may find it.
Its like a TV show from the 70's..... !

Blimey

Back