Greg Clarke

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think it’s him saying ‘being gay is a life choice’ that’s caused more up roar than anything else.

I do believe he’s useless and like the rest of the FA hierarchy not fit for purpose.
It tells you everything about the FA that he can be at the helm.
His crime is minor though if indeed he’s committed any crime at all.

Erm Calling people coloured is not acceptable like

Fuck are you talking about?

Sound like the type of bloke who goes out protesting due because of that rule Britannia shite

If he was just a 60 year old bloke on the street I'd say fair enough, he's stuck in the past and ignorant, maybe not racist. But you'd expect somebody who's got to his position to have a bit more nous!

If I was in that position I’d simply refuse to have the debate or answer any questions ‘live’. I’d simply reply saying I will release a written statement answering your question. Will make for very boring tv etc but so fcuk. Why should I risk losing my job because of the woke brigade looking to be offended by anything and everything.

If he was just a 60 year old bloke on the street I'd say fair enough, he's stuck in the past and ignorant, maybe not racist. But you'd expect somebody who's got to his position to have a bit more nous!
Spot on. you'd expect him to know what not to say.

It's just a Generational thing. Most people in their 50s and above have used that expression at some point in their lives and the last thing on their minds would have been racism. People just love jumping on a bandwagon.
It's been unacceptable since the 80s. People in their 70s & 80s maybe say it but people in their 50s should know better. Plus it's not an isolated incident he's said quite a few dodgy comments. Age should not excuse someone when they are head of the FA.

Last edited:
It's been unacceptable since the 80s. People in their 70s & 80s maybe say it but people in their 50s should know better. Plus it's not an isolated incident he's said quite a few dodgy comments. Age should not excuse someone when they are head of the FA.

I've been watching all of the USA election coverage on IPTV (Fox News, CNN, MNBC) and all of them are saying it's great that a "woman of colour" has become VP. Not a black woman - a woman of colour.

So what he said is OK then ?

No it wasn’t but are you going to sit here and tell me he deliberately tried to offend people and he’s a racist? Who amongst us hasn’t said something that they’ve not meant to or that they later regret?

Now he’s out of a job because the usual suspects are up in arms, I suspect many of them will be hypocrites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back