####Gran Turismo 5 official thread/thoughts####

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else unlicked the endurance races spent 2 hours last night doing the first one some of them are 24 hours which is ridiculous cant see me ever doing them tbh!

Anyone else unlicked the endurance races spent 2 hours last night doing the first one some of them are 24 hours which is ridiculous cant see me ever doing them tbh!

You can save your progress on the 24hr ones so I'm led to believe. Something to do with when you pit in for new tires and more fuel you get the option to save it. Shame you can't do it on the endurance races that aren't quite so long as quite a few of them are over 3 hours long, one of them is 9 hours and I've no idea if you can save your progress on that one.

You can save your progress on the 24hr ones so I'm led to believe. Something to do with when you pit in for new tires and more fuel you get the option to save it. Shame you can't do it on the endurance races that aren't quite so long as quite a few of them are over 3 hours long, one of them is 9 hours and I've no idea if you can save your progress on that one.

Apparently not mate?

Latest update 1.05 is now available for download at a whopping 608mb

Apparently there is a new online dealership in which the more rare used cars are available to get for example trucks and the Formula GT car. There are some new races under something called seasonal events. The time trial at last has the online rankings for it now, the HUD can be turned off when you are driving. Also the mechanical damage is available for use in practice and arcade modes.

#I got this info' from someone else and I'm waiting for eh update to finish downloading on my PS3. Their could be more to this update but that's what he has come across so far

I've 126 minutes to wait. Could do with background downloads on huge patches. Also thought my Playstation+ account may have downloaded it during night but musnt of been live at 4am.

Anyone else enjoying b-spec? It's great, it lets me mooch around doing other stuff while my drivers earn me loadsa cash. I can stick a level5 driver in that Mazda Furai concept car in a lvl18 5 race championship and he'll win it easily, as long as you tell him to Decrease Pace a cpl of times just after the start. Loadsa dough and the drivers on lvl12 ish by the end of it.

The devs have also just increased cash awards (temporarily) in this latest patch, so im getting some 44k per race and 224k for the championship. Some big spending incoming :cool:

I've 126 minutes to wait. Could do with background downloads on huge patches. Also thought my Playstation+ account may have downloaded it during night but musnt of been live at 4am.

Glad i got it early on, it took me ten mintues from clicking download to being back in the game.:lol:

Fuck me are b spec drivers all retards from the start, im giving the bloke a car he should murder the fuckers in the first cup on and hes struggles like fuck.:lol:

Fuck me are b spec drivers all retards from the start, im giving the bloke a car he should murder the fuckers in the first cup on and hes struggles like fuck.:lol:

Yeah theyre pretty dire at first, especially if you give them a very powerful car. Watching a noob driver in my ~950bhp Cobra is just ridiculous. Scale back the car youre giving them till lvl5 then stick them in the Furai Concept car from then on, theyll make you loadsa cash.

Got a top 100 ticket for taking to the track 100 times last night. Loadsa people being getting NSx, Evo's etc someone even got a kart! I got....a mark IV ford 1967 race car worth 20m! Gerrin. It's class.

MIne didnt take long at all just bought the GT race car for just under 5 million and won the cup in extreme wasnt easy though!

Got a top 100 ticket for taking to the track 100 times last night. Loadsa people being getting NSx, Evo's etc someone even got a kart! I got....a mark IV ford 1967 race car worth 20m! Gerrin. It's class.

I've had a few of those tickets now and I keep getting shite, not that it matters too much as I have all the 10 million+ premium cars now anyway. The Ford mark IV, the Ferrari P4 and the Jag XJ13 are great fun to mess around with.

Yeah theyre pretty dire at first, especially if you give them a very powerful car. Watching a noob driver in my ~950bhp Cobra is just ridiculous. Scale back the car youre giving them till lvl5 then stick them in the Furai Concept car from then on, theyll make you loadsa cash.

They're still f***ing useless in some races when they are level 20+

I've had a few of those tickets now and I keep getting shite, not that it matters too much as I have all the 10 million+ premium cars now anyway. The Ford mark IV, the Ferrari P4 and the Jag XJ13 are great fun to mess around with.

They're still f***ing useless in some races when they are level 20+

Mine arent :confused:

I have 4 b-spec drivers (not made the 5th yet), theyre lvls 15-18, I stick them all in the Mazda Furai Conept '08 and have them do the lvl18(?) Japanese 5-Race Championship. They each win every race without a prompt. No idea what youre doing wrong like!

Mine arent :confused:

I have 4 b-spec drivers (not made the 5th yet), theyre lvls 15-18, I stick them all in the Mazda Furai Conept '08 and have them do the lvl18(?) Japanese 5-Race Championship. They each win every race without a prompt. No idea what youre doing wrong like!

Have you tried the historic car race around monaco or any of the nascar events? If not prepare to be pissed off with them again

Have you tried the historic car race around monaco or any of the nascar events? If not prepare to be pissed off with them again

iirc i tried the historic car but the best i had was a ~950bhp Cobra which I cant even handle properly, and aye, they couldnt manage that one. I just havent found the right car for it yet ;)

Havent tried Nascar yet as I dont have a car for it.

iirc i tried the historic car but the best i had was a ~950bhp Cobra which I cant even handle properly, and aye, they couldnt manage that one. I just havent found the right car for it yet ;)

Havent tried Nascar yet as I dont have a car for it.

You'll never get anywhere in that car on it. If you want to win the race only two cars can do it, the Toyota 7 and one of the Chapparel's

You'll never get anywhere in that car on it. If you want to win the race only two cars can do it, the Toyota 7 and one of the Chapparel's

Just max-tuned the Countach LP400 '74 to 511bhp and made it as light as a go-kart. Best I could manage on the Historic was 8th :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back